Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Redneck Assault almost ready to float
Well, after a few nights in the workshop, I have version 1.0 of the redneck(as my wife calls it) Scadden assault just about ready to float. I did this as cheap as I could because i'm guessing after a season with it I will tweak it.

Here is the wood platform that is cam-buckled to the boat. It's pretty solid. Holds a 7AH battery in the blue pouch. This has a PVC "T' Connector that holds the Transducer on one side and my custom GoPro holder on the other. I have a magnetic tool holder I will mount here when I find it that holds pliers and scissors. There also is a knife mounted under the fish finder for quick access. never know when you need one.

[Image: CubCarRace040_zpsd122ecb9.jpg]

Here is the close up of the experimental go-pro arm. I can pivot it up/down and side to side so I think I can get some pretty interesting angles! I just need to make some kind of tether in case it falls off. I can also mount the arm on the other side to get a view behind my head. We'll see how it works.
[Image: CubCarRace039_zps1ead6e4d.jpg]

And here is the front mount made of PVC for the gopro. This is stationary. Im also going to use it to secure my goal zero that will keep phones and go-pro batteries charged.
[Image: CubCarRace043_zpsd4d876f7.jpg]

Boy spring better get here soon, i'm about broke.
[signature]
Its lookin good!
[signature]