Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UTAH LAKE lures and bait?
I am headed to utah lake with a few buddies this thursday and this will be my first time being up that way... what are some good lures and bait to use to catch walleyes, carp and bass? Any comments would be appreciated.
[signature]
for walleye if you have a boat I would use bottom bouncer and worm harness or a lindy rig. Crank baits and 3" white curly tail jigs work good from shore too. For carp I would probably just use a plain worm on the bottom.
Also welcome to bft
[signature]
Catfish eat many things. Chunks of carp, sucker, chubs, whitebass, etc.. stale deer meat is also awesome. Shrimp, chicken livers, oysters or mussels, hotdogs, nightcrawlers, etc. Commercial blood baits or stink baits, too. My honest favorites are all the belly meat left over from filleting wb, or chunks of fresh bow-shot carp.

WB like curlytails in a lot of colors, spinners, spoons (classic Daredevil is bomb) little cranks, tube jigs, anything like that. They often don't seem to be around, then the bite takes off like nuts! If it's slow, try dragging a worm along the bottom on a dropper. Tip anything with WB chunks.

I catch all my LMB when fishing for wb or bluegill. They seem to like little tube jigs, too. I see them caught on cranks and spinnerbaits along reed lines.

I catch perch in close to shore in summer. Bluegills seem to be randomly placed except during the spawn, then it's just a question of finding them. Small jigs with worm bits, just worms, and gaudy flies.

Crappie show up in brushpiles and small stands of reeds in the spring. Tube jigs work, retrieved under a bobber. Small plastics. Worms.

I know nothing of walleye, but I've seen them caught on larger curlies under bobbers from shore.
[signature]
Those are good baits for cat's but you can't use sucker on the lake. Don't want him getting in trouble [Wink]
[signature]