Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming Gorge Trip 4/11-4/16
[font "Calibri"]Was wondering if anybody had any recent reports on the Gorge. My six year old will be out of school and on spring break next week so dad and grandpa wanted to get him out of town for a few days. We typical park the travel trailer at Anvil Draw and fish Sqaw Hollow-Linwood but am not apposed at trying some place new. Looking to do a little trolling for the Kokanee and also hit some of the inlets for the Bows on this trip. PM’s welcome if you don’t want to post on the open forum. Thanks for any info.[/font]
[signature]
Sheep Creek Bay is always good this time of year if it's not too far out of your way
[signature]
I haven't fished that far north yet, but usually you can find some kokes around the Pipe early. I've gotten some limits down in Jarvies, not trolling, but jigging 1/4 oz Buckshot spoons in rainbow trout tipped with a mealy. They've been deep yet concentrated near the backs of canyons.

Rainbow fishing has also been good. My success has been higher on shallow rocky points. I haven't caught many near inflows yet, but it will change as the season progresses. There's been some nice bows up to 20-inches, and I've caught fish on marabous tipped with Gulp maggots and jigs with 4-inch Gulp minnows. I've had good days with pinks.

Hope that helps some, good luck, Ryno
[signature]
That's just the kinda info me and my boy was looking for Ryan. Thank you very much! I knew it was still pretty early for trolling kokanee but the info on the lack of Bows in the inlets gives me a different direction on how I wanna work this weekend. Again thank you very much.
[signature]
I will be going to the Gorge Mon the 7th What I have heard is fishing is slow and they have had bad weather the last fue weeks
the water temp is 39 deg.
[signature]
[font "Calibri"]UHG….. That’s not what I wanted to hear. Shoot me a PM or reply to this post when you get back please. [/font]
[signature]
P.M. sent
[signature]
So how was the Gorge I am going there tomorrow in a boat is there still ice on Lake thanks
[signature]
[quote Zacedward]So how was the Gorge I am going there tomorrow in a boat is there still ice on Lake thanks[/quote]

Tomorrow is the 4th and that is before the 7th, so you will know before anyone.
[signature]
Oops sorry I should have read the post more carefully thanks I will let you guys know [reply][/reply]
[signature]
All good, I had a trip planned for the 19th-20th but the powers that be decided that the SL Marathon needed my superior traffic control skills [:/] then I was reminded that the 20th was Easter, anyways trip is now 26th-27th hopefully the water warms a bit and the weather gets better.
[signature]
Well? I need info!
[signature]
Sorry for the delay. fishing was really good we caught 10 nice sized rainbows trolling with flashers and lures and some wedding ring and worms. there is no ice anywhere on the lake. we tried down riggers. I caught just one rainbow off a downrigger and lure no kokanee. I tried to jig with tube jigs and sucker meat no luck on catching a big laker. just the day before I got there my cuzin caught a big Mack of the shore using powerbait could not believe it. It looks like the fish are near the top around 10 to 25 feet the fish finder said the water temp was 41. Very nice weather not real windy hopefully the weather will be good when you go. You should do good when you go. Good luck [Smile]. I uploaded a picture of my cuzins big Mack it was 20 lbs and of one of my bows.
[signature]
The back of Sheep Creek is pretty full of bows now. I saw several swimming up the creek yesterday afternoon too. I imagine the mouth of that other creek you reach by boat is starting to get some too. And the other spots you know. Yes, water is at 42-43. Macks still take a lot of hunting, and are shallow, deep, and everyplace in between, but not together or in numbers anywhere. They're bitin' when I find 'em though.

A 20 pounder on power bait?? Hell, I'm doing it all wrong!
[signature]
I know that's what I was thinking I'm doing it all wrong I still can't believe he caught that Mack off of powerbait it's crazy he said it scared the sh** out of him lol
[signature]
Thanks Jum, got some other info that my spots should start producing, should be a good trip.
[signature]
tell your cuzins to put the big Macks back so someone one else can get it. are maybe your cuzin well catch it again in 3 years and it will be bigger.
[signature]
Hey liketrolling im with you on this one but it could or could not be the internet, but it can be hard to tell someones attitude, but to me that just sounded a little rude. You dont know any facts, when lakers take still bait it may have went pretty deep, and i used to hate big lakers for eating my beloved kokes but ounce i took out a great guid (jim) he explained how fragile these fish are! But he didnt shove it down my throat he simply explaind how long it takes for these fish to reach trophy size and they must eat bigger fish such as kokanee to substain that size, i think we as trophy lake trout lovers that we need to take a nice aprouch to teach people how fragil these fish really are and not a (yelling) aprouch, if someone is trying to argue with another it seems like most of the time thell just keep doing what they were originally doing! And im also dont mean to say you were saying it with any attitude,i just want to pit in my 2 cents.
[signature]
I'd like to give a big thanks to all the folks that shared insight on the early season soft water at Flaming Gorge. I fish the Gorge often but topically not this time of year. I received too many pm's to mention but you all know who you are. Thanks!
[signature]