Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know what to do?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]A friend and I went to Bullfrog on Sunday and arrived about 1:30 PM to a howling welcome. Watched several bass boats come off the water at the houseboat dock launch. They all took on a LOT of water over their transoms.

We left Bullfrog Bay about 8 AM Monday and headed to Good Hope Bay. At the mouth of Hansen Canyon we were flagged down by somebody in a 12 ft aluminum boat. We answered and found out that he and 2 others had spent the night in Hansen. His boat didn't have enough fuel to make it back to Bullfrog. One of the others came out of a bass boat Sunday night and stayed with the other two but I can't say why. We took him on board and headed back to Bullfrog. We called the marina on a marine radio and asked them to bring fuel for the smaller boat left in Hansen. When we got back to Halls Crossing area, we met the passengers buddies on their way back to pick him up and he transferred to the other boat. They also had some fuel for the other boat and they continued on to Hansen. We then headed back up lake to GHB. We're glad this situation had a good and safe ending and that we were able to lend a hand. Hopefully, somebody will be there for us if we ever get into a situation of that nature. As has already been pointed out, you CANNOT be over prepared on that body of water. The stranded party found out very fast that cell phones don't work out there and the 3 of them spent a very chilly night in Hansen Canyon.
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."