Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No license needed.......Finally
It seems that the politicians in the state of Ohio have temporarily come to their senses.
In 2013 we had scheduled a float tube trip within the state but at the time there was legislature pending that would force float tube users to license their float tubes as a watercraft to which we said.......BULLWinkle and promptly moved our trip to the float tube friendly state of Indiana. Again this year, we once again got ready to plan our annual trip and contacted the Ohio DNR Watercraft office and were told that legislature had passed last September that exempts float tube users from having to license their tubes. At last, common sense prevails.
Now, if we could only get common sense to somehow make an appearance at the Federal level we may start making some real progress LOL.

Boz
[signature]
What exactly would be the reason or purpose for licensing a float tube? I can understand licensing them if you put a motor on (federal thing if I'm not mistaken), but floating a river?
[signature]
[quote mojorizing]What exactly would be the reason or purpose for licensing a float tube? I can understand licensing them if you put a motor on (federal thing if I'm not mistaken), but floating a river?[/quote]
Someone complained once,
"Float tubes?! There oughta be a law!"

Voila! Registration begins. Tax revenue and control, brother.
[signature]
It seems some of the "uninformed politicians" didn't know the difference between a float tube and a cruise ship. However, looking forward to getting on the water this spring to do some fishing from my float tube on some of my home state waters.
I did find out though that some Ohio state parks do not allow float tubes. the way I understand it is that it is up to each individual Park Director. We'll see what happens. I guess since there are no actual laws on the books governing float tubes, the most they can do is tell you to leave if they catch you in a NO TUBE ZONE.
Boz
[signature]
"No tube zone..."
Even the sound of it is ridiculous.
[signature]