Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric cutt's Electric lake report
hey all just got back from E-lake (electric lake) for those that dont know me... and i must say with out a doubt that the lake is fare from being empty at this time.. there is more water in there than this time last year!!it's about 15' feet higher this year than last and the water is still comeing up it went up about 1" since ice up.. the ice is safe at about 4"thick but i would not get out by the channle just yet still thin out there maybe 2" but no more that that.. we got there about 9:00 this morning and the sun was just hitting the ice by the dam.. we made the long walk acrost the dam and started down the side when my box fliped out of my sled went out and all my fishing gear went rolling down the hill[mad] man i hate it when that happens!!! well we finley got down to the ice and started fishing yahoo!! i'v been waiting for ice up there for a long time..and was not disapointed with the fishing today..the two of us caught about 45 fish for the day.. glow jig and worm was working ok but we started useing minnows under a glow buzzbomb or under a gold kastmaster..and that is when we started geting the bigger fish.. we were fishing in 55' of water so i dont think it was dry lake just yet!! the biggest one we got was 16" about 2 lbs..not big fish but it's e-lake no big fish but alot of them!!

from the fuzzyfisher-------------------------fish on dudes

P.S here a pic for IFG
[signature]
Not a bad haul there fuzzyfisher, glad you gusy had a good day. Much better than ours.
[signature]
Those fish look like they're pretty cold, Fuzzyfisher![Wink] Sounds like a good time, and those are nice looking cut's.
[signature]
Way to go Fuzz man. 2 more weeks and you'd a had you some points. I drove by E lake for the first time 3 weeks ago and I didn't see a lake, just a sign for the boat launch on an unplowed road. I was coming from Huntington to Scofield on a road by the mine. Do they plow that road and is that the way into the lake? Can you get to the lake with a snowmobile or is it too steep?
[signature]
Hey IFG,

You were on the north end of the lake, which has been high and dry since the bottom fell out of the lake into the mine. If you were to head east from Huntington you would have passed Cleveland Reservoir on your right, and then you will see the Electric Resevoir dam on your left. There is an access road back a little ways (towards Huntington) that is used to access the reservoir by snowmobile.
[signature]
i think that Kent ment to say you would see the e-lake dam off to the lift..not huntington dam.. e-lake is about 5 miles down the road from huntington.. but if you have a good snowmobile you can get in on the other end but i would give it another 2 or 3 weeks before i whent out on it with a snowmobile the ice is still thin in spotes..
[signature]
[size 1]"i think that Kent ment to say you would see the e-lake dam off to the lift..not huntington dam.." -- Yep that is what I meant to say, and I went back and edited it so that it says that now. Thanks for letting me know of my error, so that I didn't get everyone Confused. [/size]
[signature]
Nice load of fish. I can picture them filleted and deep fried right now. I was interested in the set up you used that you said was catching bigger fish. If you can would you take a picture of the exact set up you used so the beginner (me) icefishers among us can see how you are setting it up?

Thanks
[signature]
ok here is the set up we were useing.. the kastmaster had about 15" leder under it with a gettsit jig with minnow or worm.. the buzzbomb had no leder for some but started going to a 8" leder and did better with minnow tip on the hook but worm was doing good to .. hope that helps..

fish on dudes
[signature]
Thanks for the info Fuzz and Kent.
[signature]