Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pumphouse access question
[#0000FF]During the winter of 2012 - 2013 there was a major construction project at the pumphouse. Since then it has been reported that there is currently no public access allowed along the road east of the facilities. This was formerly open to walk-in angler traffic but apparently has been kept closed since.

I admit that I have not personally checked it out since the completion of the construction. And I have been asked for information from DWR people who are updating public access points.

Can anybody confirm the exact status of this former access pathway?
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I went down there a month or two ago and was told by the people there that there is no longer access. There is not even a gate to walk through anymore it's a big fence that was a couple months ago.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Thanks. I had heard that from another source as well.

But, there is still the access available by crossing over the wire mesh bridge at the control gates (at the park) and then following the dirt trail down. The access is tougher but the fishing can be good. Hasn't been as good there since the construction though. Might take a couple of years with good water levels to bring it back.

Anglers have lost several access points around Utah Lake this year. Sad.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I drove in there about a week ago and taked with Greg (?) about when the pumps were going to start. The consruction project was just done and they were going to start the NEW pumps for a trial in a couple of days. There will be no public access from the main road due to prolbems with things disappearing in the living area when they are gone, which is to bad.