Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help finding small lure components
Hey guys,i need help finding small lure components for attaching the hooks and the line. Or any other way possible.
Its for a small hard plastic Minnow lure such as the Rebel Minnow 1 5/8" and the 2 1/2" model
[signature]
Paulypro are we talking snaps - like snap swivels without the swivel - or do you need the components to build or rebuild a lure - like the Stainless Screw Eyes attaching the split ring that holds the hook?

Snaps are a convenient way to attach the line to a lure. We use them in order to make a quick lure change during practice. The day of the tournament I'll normally tie directly to the lure for two reasons.

1. I've had the little snaps fail on me in the heat of battle. They simply aren't strong enough to hold a big fish and sometimes they come open without warning.

2. For me to tie directly to the lure means that I'm constantly checking the quality of the line especially near the lure itself. This makes me retie more often and consciously makes me check the line to make sure there are no weak areas where it might break during battle.

As for lure components there are online sources or if you are remote I could procure and mail to you what you might need. Let me know by PM if you need me to pick something up for you!
[signature]