Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge April 8th and 9th 2014
Kory, Randy and I fished Flaming Gorge on Tuesday and Wednesday. The weather was unusually calm on Tuesday and on Wednesday the wind came up around 11:00 AM.

We had the pleasure of fishing with Clark Sabey (fishingatflaminggorge.com). Clark worked tirelessly doing everything possible to get us into fish and was generous in answering all of our questions. He is also a super nice guy. Both days we started off vertically jigging and then ended the days trolling. We fished for macks only and landed 9 total for the two days. I was fortunate to catch the largest at 25+ pounds. Kory and Randy are welcome to add additional details and photos.
[signature]
Nice trip! Great to get out with guys that have the equipment and know-how, isn't it?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Very nice Kent. Did you invite any of them home for diner? [Wink][/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
No
[signature]
Nice catch Kent ! Did you catch the mac jigging or trolling ? How deep of water ?
[signature]
Caught it trolling. We fished water from about 80' to 120' deep.
[signature]
Nice going Kent, is that your largest Mac to date? I'd say any day you can out fish Randy while Mac fishing is a good day[Wink].
[signature]
Yes, that is my largest mack thus far. Yes any day that I catch a larger fish than Randy is a good day, but a great day when I catch a larger fish than Kory. The reality is that I was just lucky that it was my turn (we took turns) to land the next fish while we were trolling.
[signature]
Kent

Had a blast with you guys! It was not only fun but a great exchange of good information!! Thanks again!!
[signature]
[quote kentofnsl]Kory, Randy and I [/quote]

I think your group needs a name! How about the 3 Amigos?
[Image: three-amigos-movie-image-3.jpg]
[signature]
glad to see you top 25 Kent. Good on ya
[signature]
[quote TyeDyeTwins]

I think your group needs a name! How about the 3 Amigos?
[/quote]

Haha [Tongue]

Here's another pic from the trip
[signature]
Learned how to fish your homemade popgear and homemade tubes that you so graciously gave me. Just need to get up there again.
[signature]
I am glad you had a fun trip....Nice picture. I am glad you where able to catch a big one Kent.
[signature]
Very nice Kent, Kory, and Randy!!! Your report is making me pretty excited for a couple of trips I have planned up there. Got to love a 25 + lb. mack from the Gorge.
[signature]
[quote Old_Coot]

Got to love a 25 + lb. mack from the Gorge.

[/quote]

Yes, it was a lot of fun, but I have to admit that catching a fish that is 8 times or more larger is even more fun.
[signature]
So - I guess your guide wasn't a hoax?
Kent, Kory, Randy - nice trip, great adventure - thanks for sharing. Would love to try that someday (bucket list).

Glad you got into some.