Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sand hollow bass factory
First day weather and wind was insane so no fishing, almost retreated to a hotel. Yesterday calm as could be. Didnt catch alot but the ones we did get were good fish. We had 4 people so we took turns in the canoe. I just got out and thought I'd wade out to my chest and catch a few lil ones. Cast out to a bush and nailed the one in the pictures. 22 inches long 16 inch girth. My scale was all screwed up though. Got a fewquick measurements and photos and she swam away.
[signature]
BAM!!!! Now that's a fatty!!! Very nice fish. What you land that bad boy on?
[signature]
99 cent Wal-Mart brand spinner bait. Put a gonzo grub on for some extra bulk.
[signature]
Ok guys, some pals are debating the weight of this fish. The the low guess was 4 highest over 7. My scale was all messed up. Holding it I was guessing 6.50- 7. I think she would be around 6 after she dumps that belly full of eggs. But alot of you guys have fished tournaments and seen official weights of good bass so what do you think? I also put the measurements into several online weight calculators but they come in all different. Exactly 22 inches from tip of its closed mouth to end of tail. And 16 around the thickest part.
[signature]
Same dimensions as this one I caught a few weeks back.

My board is 21 inches and change. Lower jaw hanging over the front and some tail hanging over the back. Call 'er a 22 incher and fat.

5.15lbs on my digital scale.

[Image: LakeMead_04-05-14_010.jpg]

Yours looks like she has a bit more of a belly. I'd call it a 6. Maybe a 6.5.
[signature]
[quote montananinnv]99 cent Wal-Mart brand spinner bait. Put a gonzo grub on for some extra bulk.[/quote]

I have a 1-2 dozen of those things somewhere still. I got most of them for .50 cents a pop at Walmart years ago (well before owning a boat). What I started my daughter out learning to cast with. Who cares if it gets hung up and lost at that price.
[signature]
Thanks wolves forever. That's what I was lookin for. I will call it 6 pounds.

And yeah that lure is good and cheap. I have a bunch since they were so cheap. I always kinda go with them after alot of my other stuff for some reason. Never have had a ton of faith in them before, but I have caught a bunch of fish on them the last few years so I have been going to them a lil quicker when my favorites are not producing.
[signature]
Very nice! I'm headed down next week, so stoked!

Did you notice many bass on beds? Happen to catch a water temp?
[signature]
Fish or die sorry I didn't get back to you faster. It was a quick trip and four people camping so didn't bring a lot of my stuff, didn't get a water temp. They seemed to be on beds but the day before it was like tidal waves coming in so I think they got pushed out some. A lot of them seemed to be cruising looking for their beds kinda Confused like. How was your trip up there.?
[signature]
didn't make it, got rained out [frown]
[signature]