Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
20 Minutes on the South Fork
Saturday evening I got in a total of 20 minutes fishing on the South Fork. My son caught a decent brown on his first cast with a clouser minnow that he tied himself. I cast about three times with a rubber legs and caught one small cutt. Then a rock rolled out from under me and I crashed down hard destroying my Winston. I also caught a stick up my nose and am bruised from shoulder to knee. Wow, it must have looked like a cartoon when I was in mid-air. I'm fine, no long term damage, but I didn't get as much time on the water as I had wished even if it was a little off color.

Windriver

[inline "photo 3.JPG"][inline "photo 4.JPG"][inline "photo 2.JPG"]
[signature]
Cool = catching a nice brown on your first cast with a home tied fly.

Not cool = breaking your rod and having a stick rammed up your nose.

Remember, fishing is a lot more fun when you don't have poop in your pants.

Sorry to hear the bad news but glad you are okay.

Thanks for sharing the pics. That is a nice brown. The cut isn't bad either.
[signature]
Sorry about the tumble, Windriver, but, in an attempt to look at the glass half-full, there are worse orifices to have a stick rammed up! Mike
[signature]
Sorry about the fall , glad you are going to be OK . Thanks for the report and pictures /
[signature]
but those are the trips remembered!!! noone remembers trips that go off as planned.
[signature]
Sweet brown, and especially great to get it on a fly he tied! I like his hat too, you should have worn yours. Maybe it would have been your lucky hat, and you wouldn't have had a hard landing.

I am getting even better at the instream swan dive act every year. I can empathize on the rod breakage. That hurts more than either the dignity or the physical beating.

Winstons have a guarantee don't they?

Hope it all turns out ok, and the bruises fade quickly.
[signature]
Thanks everyone. Yes my Winston should be covered I am just curious which rod they are going to use to replace it since they don't make the Ibis anymore and I done see any in their list of rods with that action. If the rod retailed for $350 fifteen years ago what is an equivalent rod now? It seems like their lowest end rod starts at $320. It will be interesting.

Windriver
[signature]