Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Twin Lakes water level
Has anyone been by Twin lakes, just curious about the water level.

Thanks

Blitz
[signature]
I drove by about 2 weeks ago. Water was down about 10'. It was just about to the brush, but not quite there. Winder and Condie were the same, so I'm hoping they haven't opened the canals yet and that they'll fill completely. I miss the flooded trees and brush there. It just didn't seem like spring last year without them.
[signature]
There may be time yet. Water for those reservoirs runs through the pipe from Mink Cr. They open that pipe after major freeze problems are done. Should be going now, and will pick up as the melt on upper Mink Cr begins.
[signature]
Thanks for the info, that's kind of what I was hoping. It will be good to fish some flooded brush again. I'm hoping there's still enough snow around Weston to fill it too, but it doesn't look like there's a whole ton up above there. It's about 10' low as well.
[signature]
Last year Twin Lakes didn't completely fill until the beginning of June, when they immediately began to drain it. It was dropping at about a foot per day while I camped there last year. Here's hoping they keep some water in it long enough to get some spawning done and not leave the beds high and dry.
[signature]
They are expecting 1.6 inches of water per acre compared to the 1 inch last year so i think they are planning on filling it
[signature]
That's good news. Thanks for the info.
[signature]
Any more recent updates ? gstott it's been around 3 weeks since you were there water has got to be up in the tree's by now.

Anyone ?
[signature]
I went to twin Friday evening to see if the bass were wanting to play. The water is still about 7 feet from full . I hope we get some good rain soon or the farmers will start pulling water and it will not get all the way full
[signature]
I've already seen some farmers watering. Not what you want to see when runoff hasn't even barely begun and the reservoirs aren't full yet. Hopefully the rain we're getting right now will help.
[signature]
I have seen farmers watering as well. hopefuly there is alot more coming in than out. i know on our foster line they usualy give us free water this time of year.
[signature]
Yeah, Foster looks nice and full. Too bad it's pretty much a planter trout lake now. Hopefully the other lakes fill up soon so we can get some fish up in the brush.
[signature]