Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Daniels?
I have been asked 5 times if there is ice on daniels.

any body know?
[signature]
yes unsafe. just like devil creek.
[signature]
Thanks for the reply X

found out today it's walkable
[signature]
doesn't Devils creek have some good koke fishing? have not heard how thick it is up there.
[signature]
oh it changed a little bit in a week or so. was kind of mushy a few weeks back. as cold as it gets up there on a daily basis anything can change. thanks for the update there.
[signature]
hey james,

i dont think the kokanee do very well in devils creek anymore since it draws down so low in the summer. but i could be wrong. i fished it twice this last year and hooked small planter rainbows. i know there are a handful of big cutts in there but not sure the kokes are doing well in there. last i heard they werent. good to hear the update. i was up in daniels area a few weeks ago and the ice was mushy and so was devils creek. so alot changed quick.
[signature]
yes they do plow it,there are many ranchers that live out there!I dont know how the road into the reservior or parking lot will be??M.H.
[signature]
I was going to post this earlier, but I drove past Devil's Creek a week ago, and it looked like there was plenty of ice down by the dam. There were a few guys ice fishing it. When I drove past, the reservoir was not entirely covered, so I'd advise being careful. I'll have to hit that when I head back up to school at ISU.
[signature]
Well, after braving the roads first thing Friday morning, we made it on the reservoir after first light. There were 4 other groups out there besides me and my two friends. 5" of good Ice with 1 1/2" slush and 6-8" of snow on top. The bite was faster in the morning on a variety of tubes and ice jigs. The biggest fish went 23 1/4" (5lbs) caught by my friend. We caught a few 4 lbers ,21 3/4" (friend) & 21 1/4" (me). Had two more big fish to the hole, but they straightened the hooks. Both looked to be right around 20". We caught probably 15 or so fish 10-15", between the thee of us, so it was a decent day in spite of the weather. Had to go home at 1:00, but the bite had slowed way down around 11:00 anyways.
[signature]
Was that at Daniels or Devil's Creek? I'm assuming it was Daniels, since I don't think there's very many fish that large in a small lake like Devils.
[signature]
daniels
[signature]