Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A trip to the cat house on Easter weekend
I got off late on Thursday and headed out. A storm hit that night and the weather get pretty bumpy. I Started fishing Friday morning and knew it would be a tough day. I hit the water hard and was rewarded with 8 cats. I kept 4 that were between 22 and 26 inches. I don't normally keep them over 24 but I had a feeling I needed to adjust or I wasn't taking home any fillets. I fished for 12 hours and I was a little bummed.
Saturday morning it was cold and I headed out. I knew a spot that was off the beaten path and I hoped that they were there.
I cast out and they were both on in moments. It kept that up for the next 4 hours. At noon I had been fishing for 4 hours and I had fished about 200 yards. I had 27 cats and 7 were between 28 and 30 inches. I kept 5 smaller ones and called it a day at noon. One of my highest per hour rates on cats.
Ron

[Image: IMG_1003_zpsd9152dac.jpg]

[Image: IMG_1000_zpsdeaa2eb4.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0992_zpscfc27021.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0971_zps1a1243f7.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0968_zps5409ea5f.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0960_zpsa9a5d733.jpg]
[signature]
Wow those are nice. Thanks for the report.
Windriver
[signature]
Wow! Nice kitties Ron! Fish fry at your house?
[signature]
Too cool! That is on my list of things to do this year, catch my first Channel Cat. I did get my first catfish ever a couple weeks ago at Cove Arm, two Bullheads. You are the Cat King! That is amazing!
[signature]
Fantastic fish Ron [cool]
[signature]
A real small fish fry. I only kept 9 fish this time. I try to keep only males and I also try to keep only fish under 24" but I had to break those rules a little because most of the fish were over 26" and I did keep 3 females.
Ron
[signature]
I did get some nice ones. I have a few on video that I didn't take pictures of so after I get the videos up you will have to see them. Ron
[signature]
Cool Ron looking forward to it [cool]
[signature]
Nice going. Mind if I ask - what's your bait of choice? Rigging?
Some sweet kitties indeed Ron. See, now this is why we can't have you in the Utah Cat Contest - the southern boyz would never stand a chance. Oh wait - that's already true!

Busy Busy. Bet your arms were tired after all that tussling! I need a day like that.
My bait of choice is Cut trout, hatchery morts to be exact. They are more oily than others. My rigging is a circle hook 4/0 with a couple of split shot above the leader. I don't like a lot of weight in the pontoon. Just enough to settle it to the bottom. I got a couple videos's up on youtube.

http://youtu.be/2rHwTyZwFXk

http://youtu.be/nd5HGcWhlNQ
[signature]
Nice Cats!

Nothing, I enjoy more than a good cat fight!

Sweet and battered...

Idaho
[signature]
Thanks for the great post .
[signature]
[quote Idaho]Nice Cats!
Nothing, I enjoy more than a good cat fight!
Idaho[/quote]

You'd probably like this then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6erUBMtV2g

Thanks Ron. You and your Idaho baits...
Thanks for posting the Toon Tubes.
Can't you guys use cut bait? Ron
[signature]
Heck,

Brownlee Cats?

Friend caught Bigger.

He would relief him self . And, taught me how to catch cats. Never tasted better. Or, Questioned.

May, you rest in peace. Pete.

Boise

Idaho
[signature]