Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay help
Got some good feedback yesterday from a few of you, thank you! Went out to Willard today and fished right at the North Marina and also right outside the South Marina. Used black/silver shad (lipless) cranks, jigged with tube jigs, and jigs (white/chartreuse marabou and chartreuse tube both 1/16-1/8 oz) under a water filled bobber with a slow retrieve. No bites at all today. I know some places can be hot and then slow the next day. I figured since it was a warmer day that the bite might be on, especially since a lot of you are slayin em out there! I am from shore, so I can't move around as easily. Any suggestions for me? I know that the wiper fishing will be great the next few weeks and I would love to start catching! Thanks guys
[signature]
I have had the best luck trolling shad raps ,2 to 3 mph, along the west dike. a lot of guy's like bottom bouncing crawler harnesses at 1mph. good luck it can be tricky getting it the hang of that place.
[signature]
Thanks for the advice. I guess I just need to get my boat already.
[signature]
I hear F&G has been giving tickets for over limits on the wipers, good for them.[cool]
[signature]