Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Utah Fly Fishing Contest?
I have had a few members on here asking if there will be a BFT 2014 Utah Fly Fishing Contest this year.

Part of this thread is to gauge interest, maybe drum up some prizes, and possibly change a few things based on what happened last year.....

#1- Less than 8 fish species total. (I think only 2 contestants even caught 8 fish species)

I would be more for 6 species total, with 2 trout and 1 panfish required. Only 1 may be a non-sport fish.

#2- Allow fish measuring boards. (I tried one and it was great!)

#3- Disallow catfish entries. (Fly anglers almost never target them specifically.)

#4 - Have a shortened date structure. (Entries dropped off significantly by october and we are already well into April).

#5- Proposed entry fee to create a prize? (Entry money would be due within 1 week of registration though.)

If I think of more I will add them.

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR OTHER SUGGESTIONS!
PLEASE POST THEM UP HERE!

[signature]
You are a fly chucker now? who woulda ever guessed that hahah jk twins...[Wink]
[signature]
Right on, good to hear. I will see if I can come up with something special for you this year. Good luck!
[signature]
I'm up for it again. [angelic]
[signature]
[quote CVfisher]You are a fly chucker now? who woulda ever guessed that hahah jk twins...[Wink][/quote]

You should have seen my entries last year! They would make you think I did nothing else but Fly Chuck!!

PM sent.[cool]
[signature]
I just got my new sinking line on, I'm ready this year.
[signature]
What about having each contestant sending in a fly as a "entry fee" and giving it to the winner of the comp?
Flies can be as cheap as 50 cents, hand tied, etc.?
Of course those who have donated some prizes already (big thanks to you guys by the way) would not have to submit a fly as an entry fee.
[signature]