Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rye Patch
Anybody fishing the walleye spawn? Another lake that you don't hear much about. Walleyes, channels, and white bass used to be abundant. Not sure if it's recovered since the low water years. Any reports would be appreciated.
[signature]
I'd about kill to be able to get on some Walleyes! Growing up in Montana Walleyes and Rainbows rule and what I grew up catching.

At 456 miles from my house in Vegas... That part doesn't work. lol

The Nevada state parks web page has this tidbit on it... Not sure how dated this note is though.

Quote:IMPORTANT NEWS! The boat ramp is closed due to low water. 20 ft + boats have launch from the shore without any problems but it is at the boaters own risk.
[signature]
10 hour drive man.... i would love to go up there also and catch some walleye. I used to catch them on the St. Joe river in Michigan. Very fun fish to catch.
[signature]
With a truck gas bill speeding past $300 for the round trip...
[signature]
that is one of those trips you plan to make it a 2-3 day trip to be worth the money. If you like trout fishing and even bass, go to wildhorse. AWESOME TROUT fishing. Yet it is right about on the Idaho border. Another 8-10 hour trip, but worth it

The camp ground at Wildhorse is actually really nice. They have heated restrooms with heated showers also.
[signature]
I would also like to hear if anyone has been fishing Rye Patch. Not much of a presence from Northern NV folks on here.

Been living in Elko for the last couple years, but have yet to fish Rye Patch. I know its really low right now. So is Wildhorse.
[signature]