Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading to SFCR Thursday -- Advice
Heading to Salmon Falls Cr. Res. on Thursday ... Celebrating the big 60 in Jackpot .. but want to fish Thursday and Friday. We've only fished there 2 times in the past (one other time got blown off the water by wind). In the past we've trolled for rainbows.

Looking for advice on what to fish for ... I know the trout this time of year can be great as can the smallmouth.

I've never managed to snag a Walleye.

Any suggestions for my wife and I to make it a good fishing trip? How the heck to you fish for Walleye?

Thanks,

Bob
[signature]
Orange shad raps thrown or 1/8 jig heads with a little piece on worm in 20 ft of water. Troll wedding rings
[signature]
Walleye may be in their post spawn funk at this tiem, or they may be just coming out of it. I would concentrate on the upper end of the lake eiter way.

During the day troll rapalas behind a bottom bouncer, or a worm harness (spinner type rig with floats to keep it out of the rocks). Dragging/bouncing jigs with worms works well, especially if you find a school of willing participants. You can troll deep diving crankbaits if the water is shallow enough. If you aren't hitting the bottom you are fishing wrong.

Late evenings or at dark you can throw cranks adn stickbaits like rapalas near shore, because they often go shallow in low light conditions.

At SFCR I have done the best on jigs/worms but that is once you find the fish.

Trolling for rainbows is as simple as throwing out a articulated rapala. Once you figure out what color the fish want it is on.

Smallie fishign should be picking up. Any of the usual bass tactics should work well...
[signature]
Thanks for the advice and direction on where to start.

If you're there, flag us down and say howdy. 16.5' Lowe Tan and Green ... 50 HP Yamaha.

I'm an ugly guy with a big mustache with my wife who is way better looking than me!
[signature]