Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Water Conditions
Has anyone been launching boats from the South Marina? How deep is it at the docks and the channel? Thanks
[signature]
There have been many recent reports from members that have launched from the South marina, so you can read back a few pages to get all the info you want. That being said, launching is good channel is plenty deep but the depth at the dock is not good unless you can either nose your boat in or trim you motor up at the dock.
[signature]
My bent prop would agree 100% with WiperHunter2! Make sure you only nose into and out from the docks!
[signature]
I took my boat out to the south marina last sunday. I nosed up to the dock to park my truck. Some others I saw were along side the dock with their engines trimmed up. It was between 1-2 feet at the dock and in the marina it was around 4 ft deep. The channel is deeper but go straight out for a while after the no wake marker. I turned right after the no wake marker and it was around 5 feet deep. Those depths always make me nervous. Anyways have fun and good luck.
[signature]
I went there yesterday and launched on the farthest south ramp. There
it was only 2-3 feet deep on the docks in the water,the main area in the was ok, at 3 to 4 feet down. until you get out in the main channel your good make sure you go right up to the bouy's. I didn't and my outboard let me know Wink.
[signature]