Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo ???
Has anyone been up past echo lately?
[signature]
Drove past it today coming back from Lost Creek. It had a ice cap on it, but dont have any idea how thick it is. No one on it ice fishing.
[signature]
Thanks polo. Maybe by the first of the year.
[signature]
It would be cool to get a bunch of perch and fry em' up. Is echo my best bet for em' when it freezes? I hope jordanelle freezes, but I doubt it gets cold enough this year. Is Pineview dead for perch? I fished it last year, expecting the fast action I had become acustomed to for years and I only got two fish in three hours!! I read some reports last year on echo, and people described it as being like pineview used to. Is this true? Where else can I go for perch besides Fish lake, pineview, echo, jordanelle, and Deer creek. Any suggestions?

Anthony
[signature]
I have hit a bunch at utah lake.
[signature]
Don't give up on Piveview I had a great year last year. I got in to some 10 inch fat perch but I saw a lot of people having a tough time. Try using ultra light gear stay away from big groups and move around a lot. If you don't get anything in 10 to 20 minutes move. I found lots of fish in 9 feet of water last year I also had some days that they were all in about 15 to 20. You just have to find them.

Cableguy
[signature]
Echo sounds like a good spot from the reports from last year . I never went there myself . Utah Lake has some perch , Rockport or Wanship Res. and Newton has them too .Every now and then Bear Lake will produce one . I think the hot spot is Jordanelle and it could use some harvest but it needs to ice up . I know I not giving up on Pineview for perch . Last year was slower for perch but I found much bigger ones to make up for it . You just got to find them . I usually caught 10 to 12 perch in 4 hours of fishing at Pineview last year on a average .
[signature]
Fished Echo alot last year. We had a tough time keeping the perch off the hooks so we could get trout. They were even taking off with our power bait. Saw one guy out there that had some real fatty's.
[signature]
Sounds good guys, thanks for the info. Pineview isn't dead eh? Big perch sound good right now, the last decent fish I had was three or four months ago, and I'm getting the urge to deep fry some more fillets. It sounds like Echo is the place to go for me. I will be introducing some newbies to ice fishing this year, as well as maybe going ice fishing with the scouts. I think, in order for them to enjoy the experience is for them to catch something easy. I loved pineview when you would lower your jig down, jig it, and pull up a perch within ten seconds. But ive also had times where it was slow, and because of that, people get the wrong impression and will never go with me again. Hopefully Jordanelle will freeze, Ive seen some great perch in there. I would be interested in hearing from anyones perch fishing ventures this year on the ice, who knows, maybe Pineview will make a comeback?

Anthony
[signature]
It sounds like Hyrum will be fishable soon. I have caught some pretty big perch and rainbows though the ice up there. Wasn't really fishable for to long last year but the year before the fishing was great for perch and trout.
[signature]