Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Urban Brown
I've been chasing the Jordan River Browns for years, putting up with the stench and the looks from passers-by...Catching a bunch of white bass and suckers, but no trout. Today, I finally smacked one on the river. It felt good to get that monkey off my back! It was a good sized one too.

[inline FSH_20140501_102.JPG]
[signature]
Alright! Nice to target a goal and get it!
[signature]
[quote Springbuck]Alright! Nice to target a goal and get it![/quote]

Thanks! Yeah, that was a lot of work to get that brown. I live and work really close to the Jordan, and fish it after work all the time. The white bass and suckers are fun to catch, but I've always wanted a brown out of there (not the turd browns that come in from the water treatment plant). I've yet to catch a walleye out of there though. I guess they don't like marabous.
[signature]
Congrats, nice looking brown there!!!
Do those browns come from somewhere else? or do they always reside in the Jordan river?
[signature]
Good question. The browns live in the river. But I'm not sure how much spawning goes on in the river. Browns make there way down big cottonwood and mill creek. I have also heard of browns being caught above 7200 s and even some above bangerter highway. But I have no idea where the browns on the upper section would come from...
[signature]
I think I remember reading somewhere that the DWR has planted browns there in the past.
[signature]