Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Live from the Mighty Jordan River
Can't catch any fish so I might as well make a post. Fishing 1700 South right next to the water park. Been fishing just over an hour and saw a green head, a muskrat and a regular rat and zero fish. Hoping for a few suckers for sturgeon bait, but may not happen.
[signature]
Add a huge beaver to the wildlife seen.
[signature]
Finally hooked something and it was so huge that it broke me off! It was at least a 70 foot tall tree! I doubt i can top that so i am calling it a day.
[signature]
Fishing been slow on the jordan river. I've caught catfish here and there but nothing great because all of the mudders eat everything.
[signature]
Kent, give a shout next time you are in the area. We can find them. By the Golf Course close to 21st is pretty good.
[signature]
Thanks I may need to do that.
[signature]
I'll come down and pull the bodies out for you guys [:/] or at least stand by while you fish in The Hood' [laugh]
[signature]
[quote remo_5_0]

I'll come down and pull the bodies out for you guys [:/] or at least stand by while you fish in The Hood' [laugh]

[/quote]

Mike, I appreciate your offer even more than Joni's. Fishing The Mighty Jordan River is one of the few places that when I fish it I wish that I had a concealed weapon permit, and was carrying something to protect me a little more than a fishing rod.
[signature]
hit the tributaries if you want to catch fish. you were pretty close to a spot I have fished in the past that can be fair. look up stream from your location on google maps and you will see it. hint: its south of 21st.
[signature]
I know where you are talking, some places better left unmentioned. Trash is really getting bad over there.
I fish more around 13th to the Fairgrounds. Lotsa BIG gold fish too.

I do carry a flashlight/taser. More LARGE dogs that don't require the leash law.
[signature]
sorry. But that is a great place for whities. every cast with a small jig or spinner. Smile

fnf[cool]
[signature]
So, either the tree rolled like a gator and broke your line, or the beaver bit through it cuz it was his tree.

Them trees can be crafty. Live a long time and get big and smart. Ol' Mossbarks, we call em. [sly]
[signature]
Naw... just make sure you aren't fishing anything too red or too blue, and you'll be ok.[shocked]
[signature]
Just a question ?? When you are fishing for suckers in the Jordan, do you have to be aware of the type of sucker you catch?? What happens if you catch a Junie?? Do you carry id cards with you so you can make sure any sucker caught is a plain ol mt. sucker and not a divine Junie !!!! Just wondering !!!
Very good question. I have no idea on the difference. I do let everything go however.
[Image: 20140203_103321_zpscea3d3d5.jpg]
[signature]
The mouth is different on a june sucker. The mouth is oriented forward instead of down. Similar to a rocky mountain whitefish with fatter lips.
[signature]
Nice! I mainly fish for Channels on the Jordan, but I do plan to branch out a bit this season. Suckers are fascinating and I'd love to catch one. Just worms on the bottom right?

Don't tell me you caught yours on a fly??[shocked]
I did. It was on the same fly I use for Carp. Worm could be pretty effective I bet.
[signature]
rhetorical question !!!!
[quote kentofnsl]Finally hooked something and it was so huge that it broke me off! It was at least a 70 foot tall tree! I doubt i can top that so i am calling it a day.[/quote]

Wouldn't it have been easier to just buy some sucker meat from Sportsmans warehouse? At least you got to see some decent wildlife. I presume no bodies found either?
[signature]