Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lindon-Bubble Up 5/3 On Tubes - Walleye On Shrimp?
Howdy BFT - been awhile since I posted. I'm often more of a spectator, but since i appreciate the fishing reports so much, I figure should contribute myself.

I hit up the Bubble Up with FishMcfisherson and this time I brought my wife along.

I hitched my tube to my wife's so she would be a bit more comfortable with the idea. It was her first time on a tube and I was hoping she would enjoy it. Fishing trips require her approval, so naturally I want her full support this season Smile. She was really nervous and uncomfortable on the water at first, but then she got her first Channel Cat and it was all fun from there.

It was perhaps a slower day, but all in all she landed 3 Channels, 1 Walleye, and I only had 1 mudcat (fought quite well though). The Walleye snapped the line at the tube, so we technically didn't 'catch' it, but I caught it on video. We were using shrimp and neither of us had caught a Walleye before, so we both were freaking out a bit haha:

http://youtu.be/fjH84yMJ680 (youtube embed link not working?)

It was a lot of fun and she loved it, so I believe I have her endorsement and look forward to many trips this season. She's even down for turning 'Friday date night' into Saturday morning float trips. Cha-ching! I gotta give credit to Tube Dude/Tube Babe for paving the way.

FishMcfisherson caught a couple channels I believe and usually does quite well on the Bubble Up trips. We'll be at it again soon. [fishon]
That was one big, Angry walleye [shocked].
[signature]
Awesome report. The cats were great, but the walleye video was priceless. Congrats to both of you.
[signature]
Great report you two! the video was cool, we need to see more of your fishing adventures. [Smile]

Thanks for sharing.

fnf[cool]
[signature]
What tme of day were you guys fishjng. I almost got skunked last night, but it was already cold and windy.
[signature]
On Saturday we got on the water at 7am and fished till around 11am.

FishMcfisherson and I went again today and both did really well, I caught 7 Channels and he caught 6. We got on the water earlier, around 6am. The bite was best from 6am - 9:30am. Shrimp and carp meat work best for us. Normally the bubble up has the most action, but we actually had more action on the north side of the bubble. The Cats were active, hungry, and fighting well.
[signature]
Yeah it was fiesty! It definitely wasn't ready to be netted, we probably needed to let it fight a bit longer. I don't know how Walleye's usually fight, but my wife said it fought as well if not better than the Channel Cats.