Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard May 6
Went out myself at 7:00.
6 walleye's.
Kept three wipers out of 19 caught.
10 crappies. 12 casts in the Marina! They were in!
Got pissed off watching a group of 5 catch at least 40 each( I counted one guy put 50 in his bucket). I asked them what the hell do you think you are doing? You know dam well that the limit is 10. They just answered in their Tongue.
Went up to clean my fish.
They left and I'll be dam, they all returned and started to fish again!
I called the Ogden Fish and game. They wanted the details(I took down their car license number). They said they would try to send someone out, but no one showed up.
I went and told the group that I called the fish and game. They left.(until next time?).
I was glad my grandson did not have to see these guys(one woman) violating!
[signature]
Props to you for calling the law. A$$es like that ruin it for all of us.

Sounds like you have them figured out too! I get so jealous of all of these incredible reports. Going to try for an hour after work with the fly rod tomorrow.
[signature]
So maybe the rule book isn't written in their Tongue, therefore it doesn't apply?[crazy] NOT![mad]

Thanks for calling it in at least. Sorry there wasn't better response. Sounds like the type that would use a cast-net like in the "good" 'ol days!

Wiper and I seen a pair fishing and catching, boating and keeping. They left, then came back to continue. That's just ugly stuff. Only hurts the fishery. Best we can do it report it, and hope for the best. Maybe some photos too? Send their license plate pic to the DWR with a report? They could stop by and check the freezer stash?

Does make me wanna come try. Don't think I've ever kept 10 even on a good day - where the limit is 50! Willard is tighter. And that's a good thing. Wonder how many Wiper's beyond the 3, or Walleye over 24 they'd nab.

They're not White Bass folks! Seriously.
F&G doing their job, this has been going on since they moved into the state and nothing much seems to happen to them. Thanks for doing your part[fishin]
[signature]
Many of us have phones with video capability. Use it and take photos when you see such blatant violations. I think that it would make great evidence in court. I would also use caution you never know what some people will do to avoid the law.
[signature]
Good job! Nice day of catching! On tues when i was out i had a guy came over to the cleaning station and watch me filet my crappie. Started asking questions, the only thing i could pick out was, are you going to go fish again? As if it was ok to take a limit, filet them and go back and take my limit again. The east coast in me almost came out and i was about to snap. We dont deal with people taking illegal fish and then on top of that coming back for more. Ive seen some of them get a good lesson in the form of a beating and then a ticket. Not sayin thats ok either. While i was there i couldnt tell if anyone was taking more than their limit. I didnt know the limit was 10 but there is no need for me to keep more than that anyway. They all started yelling to eachother and left pretty quick with their huge stringers when we showed up. They had look outs on top of the hill in the south marina. What a joke? If the law cant be there to stop them then i guess we only have us to defend the spots we love to fish.
[signature]
Back in Wis. the little buggers will shoot you during the deer season. Happened just a few years ago just up the road from where I grew up. The landowners were just trying to get the guy to leave. I guess he had gotten up into one of their tree stands and started picking them off from there. [:/]
[signature]
The time to take back America is coming soon.
I think the answer to these problems is to deputize willing, law-abiding citizens.
[signature]
three years ago on oxbow resivoir in hells canyon they swarmed the area.they fished 24 hours aday.ithink they were all together fishing in shifts boats everywhere.they would fill huge coolers and someone said they would make a run to seattle or portland and sell them.if they saw you catch a nice crappie they would try to push you out of the holedidnt work on us because we were armed.gutty buggers felt like i was in nam again,longed for a m60[laugh].im with you guys if fish and game cant stop them i think we should maybe a show of force
[signature]
We were at Oxbow three years ago and saw the exact same thing. We were up by the bridge putting our boat in and watched a boat off load two huge coolers full of Crappie. Talked to the Idaho and Oregon fish cops who said that with no limit there wasn't much they could do about it unless they could prove they were selling the fish commercially. These Loation's are taking these fish back up to Seattle and selling them on the market. At the lower end by the dam we actually pulled a little aluminum boat back to shore with three of them in it and the boat was full of Crappie also. With as bad as the Crappie fishing has been up there the last two years maybe it's time to put a limit on them. We are going back up in three weeks so we will see if its any better this year.
[signature]
I was out there today and witnessed the same thing, there was a whole bunch of them clowns and they kept coming and going, sure they were up to the same thing. Where is the F&G? Why does this have to continue especialy when we have so few fishing waters with crappie and walleye in them. This kinda of stuff is really starting to piss me off.
[signature]
we are going up the 14 thru the24 staying at mcormik. sounds like lots of small crappie and bass but its fun anyway.
[signature]
what you folks could do that has worked for me is to call your local tv news people tell them the problem with those that over fishing the limit with little help from the fish and game whose job it is to protect the fishewry and wath them motivate fish and game.it helps if your there to explain[sly]
[signature]
Fish and Game monitors this site so they know what is going on, evidently not interested in enforcing the law. [mad]
[signature]
Im asian and i dont even like them. wait till the crappie in pineview start biting they'll be there in full force they take them by the bucket full, it drives me insane. it's like what are you planning on doing with a bucket full of 4in crappies? and then the funny thing is they get all upset when they see you throwing them back and ask you if they can keep your catch, i just laugh and keep fishing. same goes at willard i really cant stand them. i got no problem reporting these A^& hats to F&G, i truely like the rest of you wish they would inforce the law better.
[signature]