Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anybody for Float Tubing?
[cool][size 1]Yeah, I follow the weather in Utah, so I know that it's hard water time. Not tryin' to be funny.[/size]

[size 1]I have been getting a few PM's lately about what to get in float tubing equipment...just in case Santy Claus should happen to drop off something in that area. [/size]

[size 1]For some of the newcomers to the Utah board, I am also the moderator for the Float Tubing forum on BFT. Would like to offer my services as an unpaid (and darned well worth it) consultant if any of you are thinking about buying new float tubing gear...or upgrading what you have.[/size]

[size 1]I wish I was up there punchin' holes in the ice with you guys. Really miss ice fishing. Down here in Arizona we have had to put up with temps in the mid 70's this week.[/size]

[size 1]Here's two Christmas cards from me. The first is a link: [url "http://holidays.blastcomm.com/"][#0000ff]http://holidays.blastcomm.com/[/#0000ff][/url] [/size]

[size 1]The second is an attachment.[/size]

[size 1]Happy holidays to all from the Tube family.[/size]
[signature]
Thanks, Dude, and Merry Christmas and a Happy Tube Year! Tubular, Dude.[Smile]
[signature]
Thanks! and happy hollidays to the tube family!
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]Hey Pat, I've been thinking about getting a pontoon boat. Sometimes it can be a big hassle to get the big boat on water and my float tube is a little hard on the new ankle. I like your multi-rod holder setup and other toys. I just have to figure out what length in boat. I don't want a big monster, if I want to go big I have the bass boat. Any recommendations?[/size][/#000080]
[signature]
May you have a Happy Holidays!!! Best wishes to you and your family!!!
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Hey, tomegun, I was hopin' that ankle would be all better by now. If it ain't, then having auxiliary oar power with a full pontooner would definitely make life easier.[/size]

[size 2]Quite a few of the guys up there have craft in the 8 foot range that handle the water well, but can fold up and store in fairly small space. You should be able to find some good preseason deals up there in the next couple of months.[/size]

[size 2]Float tubes are more portable for hiking in to remote spots, but pontoons will still put you on a lot of water where you can't launch a boat. And, if you have a decent vehicle, you can drive right up to the water in some pretty remote areas.[/size]

[size 2]You might watch the "4 Sale" board up there, for anyone selling off or upgrading. I know there have been a couple of sweet deals worked out between BFTers in the last few months.[/size]

[size 2]Otherwise, you could maybe talk someone who already owns one into letting you try that route and verifying for yourself that it is the right fit...between boat and tube.[/size]

[size 2]What's the long term prognosis on the ankle?[/size]

[size 2]Oh yeah, glad you like the goodies on the tube. I just posted a newer version on the float tube board, and I am working on a new design for a horizontal rod rack that will handle any kind of rod.[/size]

[size 2]PM me if you have any specific questions.[/size]
[signature]
Hey fish1on,
Are those Cisco? I looked at em' and I didn't know what they were and If I don't find out, its gone end up bugging me all day long.
Anthony
[signature]
I reconsidered, and I think they are whitefish. Are they?
Anthony
[signature]
[#000080][size 2]Yes father I am a closet float tuber[Wink]. My ankle is better than ever, but it tires very quickly in my tube. Oars can be a good thing. I'm really looking at the storage and room for extra rods(you know how bass guys are with gear). [/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2]I see the things you do on the "float tubin'" board, so keep up the good work. Most orginal ideas are borrowed(stolen)[cool] and shared amongst friends. [/size][/#000080]

[#000080][size 2]Well, Merry Christmas to you and yours. And, thanks for all the valuable information and stories through out the year. [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Thanks for the warm fuzzy strokes. Need all we can get...especially this time of year. And, just for the record, fisherfolk do not steal or plagiarize the ideas of others. They may "adapt" or "accomodate", but never the other.[/size]

[size 1]It occured to me after my last post to you that there are a couple of my FAV-O-RITE sites you could be checking out for some real info. The first is a good source of details, specs and prices on a wide range of tubes, 'toons and accessories. [url "http://www.thefloattubestore.com/"]http://www.thefloattubestore.com/[/url][/size]

[size 1]The second is a site for a band of totally out there bassers in northern California. Go to their site and click on the photos button. some great shots of big basses and the tricked out craft those guys are using to get the job done. If you don't get some good ideas to "accomodate" here, I can't help you. [url "http://www.bass-n-tubes.com/"][#800080]http://www.bass-n-tubes.com/[/#800080][/url] [/size]
[signature]

[signature]
Back At ya, TD![Wink] Ice fishin' on Lost Creek yesterday was the bomb! You should have seen the monster that Aqua lost! Lookin' forward to hearing some more AZ Catfishin' posts from ya. When are you getting back out on the Lake?
[signature]
he didnt answer but yes those are whitefish.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey, O4T, hope to have a report (with fish in it) by Wednesday. Shrimpboy and his wife are doing Christmas with her family down here and we plan to test the waters Tuesday.[/size]

[size 1]Sorry I missed the "big show" at Lost Creek. I used to take some nice fish on feathers during the summer there, but never had the chance to fish the ice. [/size]

[size 1]I spent more time on Yuba, Deer Creek, Pineview and Willard during the winter. Oh yeah, lotsa Utah Lake too. Then there was Pelican, Starvation and Strawberry. And, 'fore ya know it the ice has melted and it's time for tubes again. So many fishies...so little time.[/size]

[size 1]Realistically, I don't expect too much from the cats down here for at least a couple of months. More likely be at least the first of April before water temps reach a level that gets them moving much.[/size]

[size 1]That's kinda strange, because my logs from "the good old days" on Willard show that I was getting some good cats in the inlet channel by mid March most years. Here's a couple of pics for ya.[/size]
[signature]
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas. It has been so great here to get out on the ice. Hopefully someday you and Tubebabe can join us.
[signature]
Merry Christmas to you and yours! Keep up the good work on the FT-Board and we'll hopefully see you up here this spring!

ES
[signature]
Pat, Sounds like you are getting a home sick for Utah. When the water gets wet you need to make a trip up to one of our activites.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you and your family.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Hey, Mr. D, I think it is unethical and immoral...if not illegal...to go anywhere without fishing tackle and some time to play with it. But, that's just my opinion.[/size]

[size 1]I checked my new calendar for 2004 and found that Easter this year comes on April 11. The good news is that is just about when our "spring fling" is getting started in Arizona...with several species getting active both in a spawning and feeding mode.[/size]

[size 1]The bad news is that if you are bringing your fairy wand to wave at trout, you will have to plan on some driving time. About the only trouting you will find will be some holdover planters in the Salt River, below Saguaro Lake...and you will have to time your casts between inner tubes and rubber rafts full of scantily clad folks drinking lots of beer.[/size]

[size 1]Now, if you want to sample some of the warm water fishing to be had via flyrod, you are in luck. If you use the right rod, line and flies, you can expect largemouth, white bass, crappies, sunfish and even a shot at a walleye or catfish...all on flies in water less than 15 feet deep.[/size]

[size 1]If you will get registered on BFT, you can take advantage of the "private message" feature and we can keep you up to date before you come down. Heck, I'll be happy to break out my own long rods and play right along with ya.[/size]
[signature]
That looks like a good time for me to go back out with a full arsenal as well. Might even bring the women folk with me if work schedule permit them. If not, then just 2 tubes and 2 anxious tubers. I would like to get in on some of that flyswatter action as well.
[signature]
The fish in my sig block were whitefish from Bear Lake but I have changed my sig block again! Sorry for the late reply!
[signature]