Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rusty tackle.
Has anyone seen these product locally?

[url "http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/large-image/-/B0000C1CRI/ref=dp_impu_img/102-9739951-4219311?me=A19XE0CFLN81HP"][Image: B0000C1CRI.01-A1V1Z4BJNVFJUK.MZZZZZZZ.jpg][/url]

I beileve they are a plano product, but havent seen them anywhere.

I was tinkering around in my tackle today, and found that my roundball jighead selection has some serious rust going on latley.

I must not have been to carefull when I put it away for the winter, and broke out the ice fishing tackle.

I am not too happy about it since there is probably $70.00 worth of heads in there. I hope I can clean up and save most of them, and have decided its much cheaper, and easier to drop one of these inexpensive inhibitors in there and be safe.

I was hopeful that walmart would have them, and I could get a fast head start on stopping the rust from continuing, but they didnt carry them.

I may have to find them online, but would like to run out and get a few for all my boxes tommorow if possible.

Luckily there was no rust in the tube jig head box yet.

The thing I was worrying about a bit though, was scent. I wonder if this stuff puts a scent on the heads, or lures it is protecting that would negativly effect a fish's desire to eat them. I hope that if its a plano product, they have anglers in mind, and have no problems with this.

Stinking rust.

As a hint, I did notice the gamakatsu hooks were the only ones to have no rust on them at all. Mustads, and eagle claws rusted, but the gamakatsu's must have some kind of killer treating on them cause they were clean.
[signature]
[#0000ff][size 2]Yeah, I've seen them, but for the life of me I can't remember where I saw them. Either it was at Sportsman's or Autozone. Since I was at both places on the same day it all turns in to a daze and madhouse of shopping. The only reason I remember it is because I had seen one of those advertised on one of the sportfishing shows to be used to protect your tackle from rust.[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
If you have rusty tackle that can only mean one thing[Wink][Tongue]
[signature]
Yeah, what I thought, you don't use it enough!
[signature]
Here is something to try . I save the desiccant packs (silica gel) you get with things and put them in some of my plano boxes . I don't get much rust at all now . Most of my ice fishing boxes have them in there . If I get it good and wet I will dump it all out on a old towel and let dry before I put it back in . Just in case someone is looking for a way to keep stuff from getting rusty . I never seen this stuff or brand , but have worked with some before . Never tried it on tackle .
[signature]
you might try wasatch metals, they are on 33rd south and i think 3rd or 4th west. they have some good stuff there, maybe what you need.

ironworker
[signature]
I found them at sportsmans. They are in the gun area, in one of the gun cleaning isles.

They are $2.99 for the package of 20 VCI chips. Thats a whopping 15 cents per chip. And each chip protects up to a year.

Now thats some cheap insurance. If water somehow gets back into my box again, I will be ready.

I attached a few pics in case some of you are wanting to get your hands on some, and dont know what to look for. They had the shotgun inserts, and gun cabinet stuff, but the fishing tackle box ones are on the top.
[signature]