Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First week of Jan(5-10)
[#000080][size 2]I have some R/R/F (rest,relaxation, and fishin') time the 1st week of January. I figured there will be some ice fishing done, but I would like to hit Bear Lake too. Will there be open water?, are the cisco running?, do the big macks/cutthroats roam the shore line for the cisco? I haven't open water fished in 2 months. I got bored with Scofield after 2 weeks, and that was couple weeks ago. What do ya think? [/size][/#000080]
[signature]
So far there havent been any reports of ice up there, and the marina at the state park has the bubblers going, so boats will be able to launch, but as far as fishing from shore, beats me.

I know that bass boat is itching to get out and do some jigging. That may be your best option.
[signature]
Tom,the water temp is still in the mid-upper 30's so if it dose freeze"i hope not" I would say it wouldn't be untill the end of Jan. As for the cisco we shouldnt see any in close untill around the 10th and they usually peak around the 20th!!And you can usually hook up with a couple nice cutts from shore useing spoons or a castmaster!I would rather fish cisco beach from shore because of the variety of depth!!good luck M.H.
[signature]
Last Thursday the 18th me and my dad went out on Bear Lake and caught 10. The water temp was 39 degrees. It has been my experiance over the years that if it isn't almost froze by the last week of december it won't freeze. Which I hope it don't. (I love to downrig) The cisco start running good by the 11th of January and continue trough the 25 th give or take a day. Fish the rock pile about 30-40 foot of water. Good luck.
[signature]
I've seen it freeze as late as February. The last time I was there, only one bubbler was running and when we came back in from fishing, there was already a thin layer of ice across the marina by the ramp. If the parks people don't run more than 1 bubbler, the marina will freeze in a heartbeat being so shallow this year. heade over on Christmas Eve Day for some Mac fishing. I'll let you know on the conditions.
[signature]
I'm jacked about the Broncos too. I'll see ya out there the 24th I'm going out in the morning.[cool]
[signature]
I think I've seen you out there before. You were trolling and hooked a nice mac on eight poung test, if that was you. we yelled over at you because we wanted you to get in so we could see it. I'll be in a black and tan crestliner with a Yamaha motor. We usually get to the marina before the gate opens so we will be there early.
[signature]