What is the best top water bait ever?
Go for it!
[signature]
Dupont spinners.

[fishon]
[signature]
Adams Dry Fly. Although I personally prefer to fish a Parachute Adams. [cool]
[signature]
Lol...I was thinking conventional tackle...not flies...or dynamite...haha...but hey! Ok! The Berkeley Frenzy popper used to be my favorite...then it was the Berkeley Realistix leopard frogs...and then...the best ever...haven't stopped using it in over 10 years now...
[signature]
lucky craft sammy and gunfish and also storm chug bug. everything else takes 2nd place.
[signature]
[Wink] Just messing with ya'all. [laugh][laugh]

I would like to see pictures of some of these, but I guess I can look them up if you don't have one handy. Interesting to see how alike or different they all are.
[signature]
Probably a Megabass Pop X.
[signature]
Since I am also an old classic , I'm saying Zara spook and a popper. Had a good time with a Sammy one year at owhyee.
[signature]
Black, jointed Jitterbug with upgraded hooks. Or a saltwater Zara Spook in the bone color.
[signature]
Ok I will admit...a LC Sammy is a great bait...black jitterbug excellent...Megabass Pop X great choice...all pale against my all time fave...Megabass Anthrax 100...best lure ever...at $25 bucks a pop it oughta be! Bass catching machine!
[signature]
That megabass pop x is no joke!!
[signature]
I am however receiving a new one tomorrow which has the potential top top the Anthrax...a Mega bass XJ-100...They usually bring 35+ bucks a piece on Ebay...but I got lucky and got one for 20 so I'm pretty pumped...we shall see! It will have be be a beast to best the Anthrax...
[signature]
Heddon spit'n image... i love this lure
[signature]
Ebay can be pretty awesome (though addictive). I got an XJ-100 for something like $8. Still, my all time favorite Megabass bait is the Vision 110. Best jerkbait out there hands down.
[signature]
Yeah...I'm really impressed with the R&D of Megabass...just phenomenal pieces...but I developed my own presentations for the Anthrax...Ito himself doesn't even fish it to its potential...if you follow his instructions...its only a decent lure...but I've found ways to rock this bait and the fish can't resist its call...I've never tried a 110 but I know they are extremely popular.:
[signature]
All the Megabass stuff is just top notch. I love their lipless cranks too. Definitely my favorite lure company, I'm an addicted collector now. I'll have to play with the Anthrax some more. I've caught fish on them, but they're an extremely versatile bait and I need to figure them out some more. Same with the Prop Darters.
[signature]
Fish the Anthrax 100 on 30 lb braid with a pretty stiff medium rod and get ready for fun...less is more if you follow me. Did you have any luck with the xj-100?
[signature]
His baits are definitely very responsive to even the most subtle of movements. That's how I like to fish the 110, on braid with really light and varied twitches. I'll have to break out the Anthrax 100 when it warms up a little more. Still pretty cold over here on the east side. I haven't tried the xj-100 yet, but I plan on it this spring.
[signature]
Depends on what you are fishing for and where. I love to fish top water for LMB or northern pike around and in patches of lilly pads, my go to bait is a frog, hard to beat watching a bass blow up on them. I had a chance to go and spend a week in Northern Wis. at my dad's cabin last summer, the dragon fly hatch was on and they were all over the tops of the lilly pads flying around, flip a top water fog in there and twitch it a time or two and bang. [fishin]
[signature]
Since many of the baits mentioned are just offspring of the c1922 Heddon Zaragossa, which was the first stick bait, I guess the Zaragossa should be recognized as the best topwater ever.
[signature]