Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Bay News
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Check out this[/size][/#800000][/font] [url "http://stateparks.utah.gov/park/willard-bay-state-park/events/north-marina-grand-re-opening-celebration-north-marina-boathttp://"]link[/url].
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
Yup. I posted the ramp closure in my recent fishing report. Close the boat ramp on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend? Are they NUTS?

(That's a rhetorical question.)
[signature]
Guess they don't want the parking lot full of boat trailers.
[signature]
Willard has been Ice free for 8 weeks now and still no real courtesy docks have been placed in the north marina. should be no surprise State Parks think they should close the ramp on a Holliday as well.
No docks in more than a foot of water in the South Marina will handle all the needs of the lake on a Holliday weekend.
Thats your Tax Dollars at work!!!!
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Guess they don't want the parking lot full of boat trailers.[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Bingo. That's exactly what the gate attendant told me. They are expecting a huge turnout for the FREE entrance that day and need the parking lot for that. The south marina is going to be an absolute nightmare on that day. And yes, that is a very poor decision by the Willard Park Manager. I mentioned that to the gate attendant as well.[/size][/#800000][/font] [mad]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm not sure when you were at the South marina last but it was at least three feet deep the last time I was there two weeks ago. Just an FYI, the docks are as far out in the water as they can go, remember last year and the beginning of this year the Bay has been in a low water year. Hopefully with the snow pack in the mountains and the rain water we have been receiving lately we will see the water levels get back to normal this year but what you see is what you get until then.
[signature]
Being as far out as it will go still won't float a boat on both sides.
Its been many weeks since the Ice left and the floods required to float the existing courtesy dock are not in the forecast.
Many Solutions are available to the state park staff which would at least show some interest.
Many floating docks at the north marina that could have been towed or trucked to the south marina for a Low Water courtesy dock, since low water is what we are experiencing. (Only need a couple)
Then the master plan - Close The North Marina on a Holliday. With nothing floating at the south marina because we had weeks to think about a solution, which there were many, but it was easier to do nothing.
[signature]
On the plus side I noticed the State parks guys have few new trucks this year, I'm sure that is thanks to the Chevron's spill last year[Wink].
[signature]
And the new fish cleaning staition at the north marina is pretty nice as well. [Wink]
[signature]
Perhaps the docks will be in place for the Holiday. They know that the boat traffic will be heavy. bet that have some in place by then.
[signature]
[quote ekimjack]And the new fish cleaning staition at the north marina is pretty nice as well. [Wink][/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Couldn't determine if that comment was Tongue in cheek or not, but the new cleaning station is indeed a great improvement over the old one.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
Since when did the "weekend rate" increase to $15?
[signature]
No, I really like it!
[signature]
[quote Charina]Since when did the "weekend rate" increase to $15?[/quote][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I don't know because I have a lifetime Fun Tag and don't have to pay the fees, but I would guess that must be something new this year. It is only in effect between May 1 and Sep 30. The rest of the year it is $10, the same as weekdays. It's making that Annual Pass look like more of a bargain.[/size][/#800000][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3] [#008000] I guess they didn't make enough money off the oil spill to pay for those new trucks - eh?[/#008000][/size][/#800000][#008000][size 3] [Wink][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
[quote wiperhunter2]On the plus side I noticed the State parks guys have few new trucks this year, I'm sure that is thanks to the Chevron's spill last year[Wink].[/quote]
if they got enough for new trucks, they should have also fixed the boat ramp at the north launch, especially with how low the water level was last year
[signature]
Yea, I was wondering the same thing but it might have had something to do with when they actually got the money, If I remember correctly they did not get that money until recently and the water level had already gone up by then. On another note, I noticed they are building new docks now. The one I saw was attached to the private state parks dock on the North side of the North marina. I think they are putting it together there and are planning on moving it to a new location. Earlier this year I talked to the Park manager there at Willard and the plan is to put in a fishing dock or two in the marinas that are just for fishermen, not boats. I think that will make a lot of folks happy.[cool]
[signature]
[quote Charina]Since when did the "weekend rate" increase to $15?[/quote]

+1 I;m slightly pissed!!!!
[signature]
I think they raised the price right after they fixed the damage those beavers did after they flooded the park a few weeks ago[Wink]. I never could figure out why they put a bunch of beavers in such a small area as that in the first place.[crazy]
[signature]