Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishn' with the old man
The old man visited, so I took him fishing in my 'back yard'. We fished the Gorge at the confluence, by Lost Dog. The mack fishing was slow...We didn't get any and burned half the day trying. The morning bite was the best (it ended about the time I arrived). A few people around us landed a couple, nothing huge. The trout fishing went better. We fished in 10 to 12 feet of water with various jigs. Most fish were caught on the bottom. Pink and white seemed to be the colors. The best fishing happened to be on thin ice (2.5 to 3 inches) and very clear. It was cool watching the fish fight under the ice since it was like glass. Pictures are attached.
[signature]
That sure is some clear ice, I bet it was slick. Were you using any bait on your jigs? Thanks for the report Fishry. WH2
[signature]
Nice fish, cool looking ice.
[signature]
Hey, nice fish and shiny ice. You didn't pull a Petty on that slick stuff, did you?[laugh]
[signature]
[#0000ff][size 3]You know now he's gonna be stuck with that all winter![/size][/#0000ff]

[#0000ff][size 3]Hey be careful we wouldn't want you to pull a "[#ff0000]PETTY[/#ff0000]"[/size][/#0000ff]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Heck, when I performed my entertaining antics on ice they didn't name anything after me. Well, maybe they did. Ever hear of the "triple klutz"?[/size]
[signature]
Yeah I heard of it but I thought they were talking about me?
[signature]
Hey, I can see it now - "Brian Boitano can win this championship if he skates cautiously. Excellent form, great physical endurance, he's got it, got it - OH NO, HIS LEFT SKATE BUCKLED AND HE PULLED A PETTY!!! Any chances of winning the gold medal are gone."[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]
[signature]
OH yeah that one had me in stiches.
[signature]