Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CATFISH CONTEST: CatfishKraut
Nothing to write home about but a decent start with more to come[Wink].

Caught on Utah Lake 05/17/14. Taped at about 22".

[#005000]
Welcome aboard. Tails sitting at 21.5, but not is hanging out - first entry, I'll give it to ya. Gotta start somewhere.
Did you recolor the banner? Or just 'bad' ink? Funny.
22 pnts
[/#005000]
21.5 or 22 is fine either way. There are bigger ones to be had anyways.

Yeah my printer decided to revamp the color scheme due to lack of ink.
[signature]
Two more! One 22" on 06/02 and one 23" on 06/06 on Utah lake.
I ran into about half a dozen large channel cats floating belly up in the same general area around Lindon harbor on Wednesday. Does anyone know why that might be? Some lady said they had poisoned the lake against carp but I find that very hard to believe.

[#005000]
Some nice fish. Looks like yours are belly up too!
Sorry to hear that, but I'm SURE they are not poisoning UL - cuz that would hurt the Junies, and that's the whole deal with the carp-netting - to tip the scales. I'd guess bad releases, or maybe they were freed from the netting and just didn't make it.
Maybe they really wish they were up North and just couldn't take it anymore! [shocked]

22 pnts
23 pnts

Gots a nice trio now.
[/#005000]
Nice cats. Lindon is one of my favorite spots... unhappy to hear all those cats were dead in one area - that is unusual. When you say large cat were they about the size of yours or much larger? FishMcfisherson caught a 30" there last year and the largest I've caught around there are in the 26" range. Hoping we didn't lose too many big ones.
[signature]
They were in the 22 to 26" range. No whales luckily. Didn't think they would poison either but I've never seen that many dead in one spot. Must be the netting.
[signature]
06/12 Utah Lake Bubble up. Tail is at 30.5 to 31 inches. It weighed in at about 13.5 lbs.

The picture picture in which the tape is focused doesn't show the BFT logo. I added one where you can see it but not the tape. Hope that's ok. I promise it's the same fish[:p]. Also added some money shots for your enjoyment.

[#005000]Nice cat, well played. Always interests me to compare colors - it's so Grey while Cutler has such tan-brown kitties. That's a heavy weight for sure! [/#005000]
[#005000]
But after perusing the pix - I think I can give you a solid 30, so welcome to the club. The tape is a bit shy on the nose, and your collection covers the banner well enough. I do need to see one pic with the full tape, closeups are fine too. It's all about proof in the pudding.

I'll reply with my "measure mark". You've welcome to a second opinion - sure TDT won't mind taking a look. That makes 2x30+ for the North and South both.

30 pnts
[/#005000]
Hey, nice goin'! Just what we need for the south team. The big ones are gonna start comin' now.

The best is yet to come! [Wink]

BLK
[signature]
Whoa! That's a big male, the size of it's head is unreal! Nice work, especially from shore - impressive. The other day I caught a 8 lb. male (only 24 in.) just off the south dike at Lindon, seems like the spawners are starting to move in.
[signature]
Matter of tail and nose to get the complete picture. Just to share how I play it...

[inline "IMAG0137 catfishkraut marked.jpg"]