Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cave Lake Memorial Day Weekend
Haven't posted here since moving to Las Vegas in 2010 but have done a little fishing lately and am getting the fever more often.

I'm going to head up to Cave Lake for the first time this weekend and am wondering if anyone thinks I'll be SOL on getting a campsite if I arrive around 4PM Friday. If I can't I can stay with my brother-in-laws dad in Ely but would rather be right by the lake.

Does it get jam packed with city folk on holiday weekends like every lake within 4 hours of any city in SoCal?

Thanks.
[signature]
I attempted to go to cave lake last year in spring on a non holiday weekend. Got there about 2pm and every campsite was already taken. I ended up going back down to eagle valley as i had my dog and I couldn't stay in a hotel with him.
[signature]
Well I guess I'll be couch camping! Of course when I went up to Echo Canyon Reservoir two weeks ago I paid for a campsite but slept in the back of my truck (got to get use out of that "camper shell").

Since they allow 24 hour fishing someone mentioned just parking in a lot or along the lake (can you park almost at the water like Echo?) and I shouldn't get any crap if I don't have a tent set up.

Without starting a new thread and hoping someone reads this - does anyone know if the pike are still in Comins Lake or have they died off for good? Saw a thread from last August on here and I've never fished for them - looks fun. I'm not going to run out and spend $100 on pike-specific lures but I can throw some spinnerbaits in my bag if they are. Also thinking of stopping by Sunnyside or whatever the new name is on the way back to see if I can get some crappie.
[signature]
stay at the KOA in ely. not a long drive to cave.
[signature]
Yes the pike are still in commins! I hope they stay there
[signature]