Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard twice 5-21-14
Hit Willard twice today. Took the wife in the morning and was on the water by 9 am. It was slow going, hit the spots that have been producing and nothing... Trolled until we had to get off the water. Then right as we were about to get off the water a double hook up. One each a wiper and a walleye. The walleye was a keeper and the wiper was returned to grow a little more.

The second trip was with two of my sons and a neighbor boy. We went straight to the spot that we had to leave earlier. Within minutes a double!!! It was great fishing until the boys decided it was time to swim. We caught 10 fish total 6 wiper 3 walleye and 1 catfish. 2 wipers were returned and the rest will feed us for a few meals Smile oh by the way the spot is hard to describe... It was in between the island and the south dike... I had to mark it on my gps and that was the only way I made it back on the second trip. The water temps were 62 and trolling seemed to work best at 3.2 mph on the gps.
[signature]
Great report. Looks like a great day for all!
[signature]
Did the eyes pick it up trolling that fast? Or were you fishing low and slow when you caught them? Thanks for the report going to try it this afternoon hope they will still be hungry so I can check off that wiper... Thanks J
[signature]
The walleye were hitting at the same speed as the wipers. The walleye like the Berkley flicker shad and the Rapala shad rap in a rainbow pattern. The wiper were not as picky they hit the Berkley and any shiny/mirrored shad lure. Good luck today I look forward to your report!

Kevin
[signature]
Thanks Kevin sorry I missed it before hand but I got my wiper. It was on fire today. Full report later. Jeff
[signature]
Congrats Jeff. I have been stuck at work all day so I will live vicariously through your report Smile
[signature]
Sorry I'm slow after I get done chewing on them I'll tell a story but Wiperhunter will have a better one. J
[signature]