Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan River SLC area
I have moved up here to South Salt Lake and went and tried the Jordan at about 3900 S. and about 900 w. The wife and I didn't even get a bite using worms.

I'm not sure what to really use up north on the Jordan as I am used to playing with the kitties in the Lehi area.

Any tips and info on where to go close by and what to target would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

-Law
[signature]
I fished the Jordan two weeks ago and got skunked as well.

Catfish and Suckers are the two species I catch the most out of the jordan. Occasionally white bass fishing can be good too.
[signature]
Go to harmons and ask them if they have any old shrimp that they are going to toss away. I use to do that when I lived in Taylorsiville.
[signature]
I fish the Jordan and the bypass canal almost everyday and usually do pretty well. The cats I catch average 24 to 28 with the odd 30or 32 . the bigger fish are all caught on cut bait either carp or white bass. It's not catching everyday but it keeps me happy. I normally fish from 2100 north. The canal splits off there at the golf coarse and is a good spot to start. The canal has limited access but can be reached at 2100-1700-1300-800 and400s. Biggest draw back is finding a place to get a big fish out of the water. Hope this helped. Good Luck [fishin]
[signature]
Thanks for the tips. I will have to try to get up there and try it out. If my wife pulled in a 24 incher she will love me long time... LOL
[signature]