Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Big Hello
Hi everyone! I'm new to fishing and looking forward to learning tips and tricks and where the Northern Utah hotspots are. My 7 year old daughter and I are excited to make fishing one of the things we do together. Friends, Family and a love of the outdoors....... Ahhh life is good!!!
[signature]
Welcome to the site Ken. I'm going to move your post to the Utah board so some of the member can say hi.
[signature]
Thank You, trying to figure this out. Great site!
[signature]
OK, well this should help. This link is to all the BFT boards:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/
Here is a link to the Main Utah board:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_...neral_F58/
WH2
[signature]
Hello Ken. Welcome to BFT. Where do you live and where will you be wanting to fish? You will get some great tips and ideas from out members.
[signature]
Hello, We currently reside in Willard, a stone's throw away from the Bay. Which by the looks of the boards here has been red hot. Saturday we spent fishing East Canyon and despite being rained on for 4 hours straight hours my daughter and I both got our limit of nice sized rainbows. I want to fish Willard and East canyon for sure. And because we recently moved here from AZ, and I am new to the sport any tips, tricks and spots for fishing (especially from shore) would be great. I love walls, bass, trout...really anything just loved my trip out and have really found a new hobby.
[signature]
You're not far from Mantua, pretty small lake, but fun for Bass, Bluegills, Trout. Some pretty good shore access. Should be heating up - surprised we haven't had more reports - I'd expect they're bedding up by now...

There's also a lot of stretches of the lower Bear River that hold a wide variety of fish - if you can figure them out.

Great that you're taking your daughter. Make it about her, and you'll have an angler for life!
Welcome to BFT! You and your daughter are going to have some great memories made this year. [cool]
[signature]
Welcome Ken. My daughter was about 7 the first time she caught fish. Just so happened it was at Mantua, out of a brand new boat I had bought that I didn't really know what I was doing with. She out fished me, her 2 brothers and her mom. Had her own stringer of Bluegill and Yellow Perch. About mid July, from a boat you can drop a brass hook over the side in a couple feet of water at Mantua and actually watch the Perch go after it. They don't have any real size to them, but it's a kick for the kids.

As others have said, lots of BFT members here and most willing to help.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool