Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleveland Reservoir - Huntington Pic.
I fished Cleveland Reservoir today from my kick boat. I fished from 10:30 until 2:30 and caught three rainbows from 15" to 18" long. I used a fast sinking line (#7) along with a size 6 bead head black/orange wooly bugger, a size 8 hot head ( a [#0000bf][/#0000bf][#0000bf]TubeDude[/#0000bf] pattern) in copper/tan, and one in tan/green/pearl. The water temperature was 43-47 degrees and no ice left on the pond. The reservoir is almost full and the visibility in the water is about 4'. I only hooked one other fish besides the ones that I caught. The fish are in good shape and now is the time to fish for them before the stocking truck shows up. There are some quality rainbows and cutthroats that carryover in here every year. The fishing was slow for me but it was fun to be able to start fishing some of the higher lakes and reservoirs again.[fishin]

The one photo shows the ice conditions at Huntington Reservoir (Mammoth).
[signature]
Is that an abandoned ice shack on Huntington?
[signature]
You guessed it. I'm sure the irrigation company is not going to be too happy about that if it gets into the outlet valve.[:/]
[signature]
We saw that shack there several months ago. It had been set up, had melted down into the ice and was frozen in, at least a foot down. Tried to get it out then just to get rid of the trash, but couldn't get it out.
[signature]
Any one with a titanic ship to break it out of there if so contact them and tell them they can get a free tent.

Sure if someone launches there they can easily use an ax and take it out.
[signature]
Thanks for the info...I will likely be fishing there on Friday
[signature]