Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boulder Mtn Advice
My father is driving up from AZ next week. I'm planning on meeting him down south to check out some of the boulder mountain lakes and streams. Neither one of us has been there before. I'm wondering if anyone is willing to share some info, suggestions, advice. I've got the names of a couple of the lakes, but didn't want to ask about them publicly out of respect for those that would rather they not be named. Neither of us have toons or tubes, so we'd be throwing from the shore. Any info would be appreciated.
[signature]
Oak Creek Res. on the east end is a good place. You can catch fish from the shore pretty much all the way around it and it has a TON of Brookies in it this year. The road into the lake is very primitive, I would suggest an ATV or at least a high clearance 4 wheel drive.
If you are afraid of rough and steep roads, the North Creek lakes above Escalante are a good bet. A gravel road takes you to both upper and lower Barker and you can catch fish from the shore out of both of them. There are also some other lakes in the area you can hike to and fish. North creek is also a fun little stream with some beautiful little Brookies and cutthroats. Good luck.
[signature]
Thanks highmth.very appreciative for the info. We'll let y'all know how we do.
[signature]