Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard, Wind=no bugs
Got on the water at south marina about 7 AM today. Wind was blustery, but not too bad to launch, and it was blowing the direction I wanted to go, so I had wind at my back going out, and head on coming back. And that's always better than a big white cap hitting my little Tin Can broadside. Got over to Freeway bay, no joy getting there. Decided to anchor out, soak some worms. Had 2 new reels need to spool up and swap over on the rods. Got one newly spooled line in the water and the Cats decide to play. He sure pulled and felt bigger than he turned out, but that one can be my #3 for the contest. Took photo and released. Not even in the same ball park as the 32" just caught out of Cutler, but, it adds to the North Team Total anyway.
Second cat, photo'd, but didn't add the BFT Banner, not going to count him, released him too.
[inline "(0233) 31 May 2014 950AM 18 inch Catfish CPR.jpg"]
18 inch Cat CPR

[inline "(0234) 956AM Catfish CPR.jpg"]

Second Cat CPR

[inline "(0234a) Freeway Bay corner.jpg"]

Wind calmed some, got my new reels spooled, decided to troll some more. Hit 1 nice fat Eye....he's going to be my special dinner guest tonight.

[inline "(0235) 1047AM Walleye kept.jpg"]

Headed back to marina, going to call it a day, got to get home and check on the dogs. Hit 2 junior size Wipers, released both.

[inline "(0236)1100AM Wiper CPR.jpg"]

[inline "(0237) 1119AM Wiper CPR.jpg"]

Good timing to head out. Wind gone calm, bugs and power squadron all hitting the water same time.
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Those bugs were terrible!
[signature]
Nice job TC. you launched right along side of us. we got 30fish mixed bad wipers and walleye, I got a 22in wiper just bearly 6lbs, wind was great kept bugs at bay for a long while.
[signature]
Yep, sure did launch next to ya. Wind makes accurate fishing difficult where I would like to sometimes. Difficult to hold that little boat where I want it, in the direction I want it, and the speed I want. But I'm not complaining. It floats, starts every time, runs all weekend on 3 gal. tank of gas. But then, when the wind is just enough to keep the bugs down, but not enough to drive me off the water, I take the good when I can get it.
[signature]

Cool
Just so some folks don't think I don't actually eat what I keep.

[inline Fresh_Walleye.jpg]

Fresh caught Walleye

[inline Dinner.jpg]

Dinner, caught , cleaned, cooked myself.
[signature]

Cool
Nice lookin supper
[signature]