Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Idaho Falls Bass?
Hey guys! I'm traveling to Idaho Falls this week for work and was wondering if there is any good bass fishing close to town. I have been fishing the Snake in Twin the last couple weeks and have done well for some decent Smallies, but work is taking me to IF next. Thanks for any advice!
[signature]
Bass are pretty sparse around IF. Used to be able to fish gem lake harbor and do well but the schmuck Beck got a judge in his pocket or something so he would over look prior rulings at the state and federal levels and got it listed as private property (the water). That being said it is connected to gem lake so you could try that. Could also try the snake anywhere towards Shelly. Not sure how warm the water is to stimulate activity, but if you find some we'd love a report.
[signature]
Thanks for the info! I actually ended up in Twin instead. Didn't have a whole lot of time but did fish Centennial Park for smallies. It wasn't amazing, but in 2 hours I caught 9 fish ranging from 10" to 14". Those Snake River Smallmouth are tanks! Caught them on weightless texas rigged Senko's and dropshotting small plastics resembling crawdads. Three of the fish I caught had craws in their throats.
[signature]