Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Access to BFT Utah
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I have heard from a couple of you that you wish there was a way to easily go directly to the BFT-Utah general disscussion board without haveing to always go back to the BFT home page, then to Utah, then to General descussions every time.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]You can make it easy on yourself if you stick BFT-Utah up in your "Links".[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]To make it so that you can easily move from any Web screen directly into the BFT - Utah message board, here are the steps you need to do:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]First, a little tutorial about the "Links" bar: Your Internet Explorer Web browser has a line up next to the tool bar buttons that is called the Address bar. The address bar has the http address of the current Web page you are currently looking at. That address bar shares a line called the "Links" bar. The links bar is just off to the right of the address bar. You can think of the links bar as the "Favorites of Favorites". The links bar just holds links to your most favorite sites so that you can get to your most frequently used sites without having to click and scroll down through your regular favorites menu. If you will notice, there is a tiny vertical bar just to the left of the word "Links". The presence of that little vertical bar indicates that this links bar can be stretched or shrunk simply by clicking on that little tiny vertical bar and dragging it left or right.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]If I remember right, the default "links" are all mostly Microsoft advertisement junk. I ALWAYS just remove the default links and replace them with links to sites that I most frequently visit … which are my credit union and BFT - Utah. To get rid of all the default crap links, simply right-click on the unwanted link and select Delete.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]You can also reposition the links within the link bar to suit your liking. To do that, simply left-click and drag and drop the link to a different position within the links bar.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Now that your are a little familiar with the links bar, here is how you get the BFT - Web site visible in the links bar: First login to [/size][/font][url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/"][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]www.bigfishtackle.com[/size][/font][/url][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]. Then click on the link to the Utah board … then General Descussion. You are now exactly where you want to be. Now, up in the address bar, you see a tiny "[#0000ff]e[/#0000ff]" icon located just to the left of the Web address. Drag and drop that little icon over into your Links bar area. Once it is into your links bar area, you will notice that it's probably way long with lots of characters. I like to shorten my link names so they don't take up so much space. I shortened the name for my BFT site to be a simple "BFT-Utah". To shorten the name, just right-click on the link and select "Rename". That's all there is to it. Now, if I ever want to go directly to BFT-Utah (without having to log on), I just click on that "Link".[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Note: You don't have to log on every time if you don't log off when you leave BFT. There is one caveat to that though … If you ever clear or delete your cookies, you will have to log back on the next time.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Hope this helps. I know I like it.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][size 1]I just put a shortcut on my desktop. Double click anytime and POW...you are there.[/size]

[size 1]In fact, I have several boards I visit. I make desktop shortcuts for each one, rename them for convenience and brevity and sweep them all into a file folder labeled BFT forums. I never have to go to the main menu.[/size]
[signature]
You can also go to [url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/utah"]www.bigfishtackle.com/utah[/url] and go from there. [Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Yup, good point TD. I had forgot about that. In fact, I think this conversation has come up in the past and you posted that suggestion then too.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]The only drawback that having it on the desk top or in a folder, is that you have to go back to the desktop or into the folder to click on the shortcut. If you have BFT Utah in your links, you can easily get back to it from any Web site or page you may be in just by clicking on it in the links bar.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I simply went to the Utah board and then added it to my favorites. Works great.[Smile]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Hey! anything less than it being your HOME page is treason! HA![/size][/font]
[signature]
Haha, that might be true on your home computer but not for me here at work. I'd love to have BFT be my home page but it wouldn't be a great idea for every time I open a browser for it to bring up BFT instead of the company website! lol

I just added BFT Utah to my FAVORITES. It's also very simple to do. Just go to the BFT/utah board, then at the top of your browser click on "Favorites". Then click Add to Favorites. Simple. Now, all I do to get to the forum is type a "b" in my address bar and the autocomplete puts in the rest of the link to BFT Utah and I press Enter.
[signature]
[cool][size 1]Now that we have that solved, let's talk about what is the best line...hooks...lure...flies...bait...etc.[/size]

[size 1]That should get us into the new years.[/size]

[size 1]No cat jokes, please.[/size]
[signature]
I've tried several times to make Utah BFT my home page but all I get is the main page, I finally gave up and just bookmarked Utah BFT. I even had the angler and ssor give me detailed directions but it just did not work, oh well, the bookmark works just fine, it just take a little longer to get there. WH2
[signature]
Howdy,

I didn't use the "links" folder in IE because everytime you update it gets garbled with MS junk.

Rather I created a new folder named, and this is really creative, [size 4]fishin' [/size]

I have BFT at the top of the list in this folder, but have other links too like DWR, etc. I recommend creating a bunch of folders to store visited spots, kinda like a well organized tackle box.
[signature]