Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake mary
Anyone know if lake mary and catherine are ice free yet. Thinking about doing some hiking up there with the wife and if there will still be much snow on the ground.
[signature]
We have some property in the Brighton bowl and the snow is too deep to get in to the cabin right now. Mary's is much higher. Would expect another 2-3 weeks minimum.
[signature]
Wow ok Ill give it a try later then thanks!
[signature]
Fishing at lake mary is like tossing out a worm and sitting there with your finger on it hoping for a bite. Hike a little farther till you hit lake catherine. Best time is when the caddis or mosquito hatches are out. Give it mid june for good action. It's still to early to head up there. Fished many times up there in the past 2 years. Make sure you keep a limit brookies each time you head up there because they are stunted like no other.

Whenever you head up there give me a pm in advance so we can both slay them [Wink].
[signature]
Ive always wanted to fish lake mary. I live at the bottom of BCC, PM me if you head up there. Ill meet up with you and try it out.
[signature]
We were at Brighton on Monday and I found out that it just opened up and you can get up there now. The snow went pretty quickly up here.
[signature]
Always remember...tougher, slower fishing usually means bigger, better fed brook trout. Marys is where I would fish. Plus the chance of a surprise.....
[signature]