Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Andy Adams
Hey yall,

It's been a while since I've posted here at BFT so this is going to be long and rough to read, but I've got a few questions... my apologies in advance.

I've been lurking for a while but thanks to my injury with the Marines, the resulting surgeries, and the police academy I could likely count on one hand the amount of times I've fished in the last couple years.

I've graduated now and have some free time to myself so I'm trying to take advantage of it. I went out yesterday to Andy Adams looking to get a couple carp for cut-bait. There are a lot of hungry carp out there so I wasn't disappointed.

While at Andy I ran into a feller setting up a few rods for cats and we started talking for a while. He claimed he had caught several very large cats the night before around midnight and invited me to fish with him for a few hours. It was already hitting dusk so I politely declined but it got me Confused.

Is Andy Adams in Layton a community fishery? The 2013 fishing pamphlet I have says it is, but the official DWR site says it's not...
[url "http://wildlife.utah.gov/cf/map.php"]http://wildlife.utah.gov/cf/map.php[/url]

Is there a time you must be off Andy Adams? I was thinking sun down.

I've also been very curious about this, since common carp are not protected are they included in the two fish limit at community fisheries? I ask because a guy I ran into the other day at Kaysville Pond had a stringer of at least nine decent carp all gilled and cleaned. I was under the impression that it is two fish period... am I incorrect?

Thanks as always!
[signature]
Since carp are a nongame fish I'm pretty sure you can keep as much as you would like
[signature]
No limit on common carp. Other carp are not game fish, like the grass carp at Mapleton Pond.
[signature]
[quote MarineSpear]

I've also been very curious about this, since common carp are not protected are they included in the two fish limit at community fisheries? I ask because a guy I ran into the other day at Kaysville Pond had a stringer of at least nine decent carp all gilled and cleaned. I was under the impression that it is two fish period... am I incorrect?

[/quote]

The "2014 Utah Fishing Guidebook" reads for community fishing waters, "The daily limit is 2 fish". I haven't fished a community fishing water for several years, but I have interpreted that to mean 2 fish, not 2 game fish. This morning I got clarification from the UDWR, and I have been reading it correctly. One can keep 2 fish. It doesn't matter whether they are carp, game fish or whatever, only 2 fish are allowed to be kept.
[signature]