Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
N. Marina Crappie
[#484848]I Had a conflict, so I couldn't get out Thursday. I snuck out for a couple of hours today at the Willard N. marina and barely avoided the skunk.[/#484848]
[#484848]I think the Crappie are moving out.[/#484848]
[signature]
We are still seeing good numbers on the lake. I wonder if the majority of the marina fish have been caught. Maybe not "quite" as much pressure on the lake rather than the marina. Or, like you said, they have moved out. The way I understand it, it's been quite a few years since the crappie fishing was that good at Willard.
[signature]
[#484848]Yeah the fishing has been good, and there have been some good size ones. They were in there like fleas ten days back. Some guy came in with a stringer today that had been out on the lake. [/#484848]
[#484848]If anyone needs carp for bait, all they need to do is kick one on the shore. [/#484848]
[#484848]Is it legal to kick a non-game fish?[/#484848]
[signature]
Well I'm glad you got out for some fishing too bad the catching wasn't so hot. Did you shore fish or did you take your tube?
[signature]
[#484848]Well, it was one of those days ...... Ioaded up my toon and I couldn't find the adapter for my pump after I got there, so I fished from shore ....... If I had gotten out of the marina, I would probably had a different story.[/#484848]
[#484848]I noticed there were quite a few shore fishing to the South of the N. Marina, (Not quite to freeway bay.) [/#484848]
[#484848]I'm not sure if that is kitty or crappie territory[/#484848]
[signature]
I've caught cats, crappie, even walleye in that area. It is not very deep there but it holds fish and it doesn't get much pressure. You should have given it a try, it might have been worth the try.[:/]
[signature]
Trust me when i catch a carp it get's a good beating. Especially if my friend or I catch one it gets a nice big flopping punt in the head. As TDT how brutal I was with the carp he caught at yuba this ice season [laugh].
[signature]