Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard 6-4-2014
Launched from the South Marina just after 4pm. Not as fast and furious as it has been lately, but it was still a great four hours. Hooked up with our first walleye within 10 min of launching. While bringing in the first one another walleye decided to join in on the fun. He was a little small so he went back to grow some more. Then the biggest wiper for us this year hit like a freight train. Our friend Marcus joined us and had the pleasure of reeling it in. It was a 20" 3lb10oz butterball and it was Marcus's first wiper! Then it was time for our biggest walleye this year as well. This one was 24 inches and 3lbs6oz's. We ended up with a total of 9 keepers in 4 hours. Not a bad day by any means, however we have been used to that many fish in half the time. All in all a great trip. Pictures below...

Kevin
[signature]
Great fish and I appreciate the report. So are the wiper really slowing down? Sounds like the walleye bite was similar to what it has been but the numbers of wiper were missing. Or am I way off on that speculation? Still sounds like a great trip though, I would have enjoyed it. Thanks J
[signature]
Good thing you took advantage of it, we all knew it could not last forever.
This years bite at Willard was something special, the predator to prey ratio must have finally tipped.
[signature]
Yeah I was surprised we only landed one wiper. It was slower for the walleye as well and they were hitting the lure that I was only catching wipers on before. Man the walleye have some aggressive teeth my lure is proof. It is showing some pretty good bite marks. Also in the past 3-4 mph trolling speeds seemed to be too fast to get the walleye. They must be hungry!?
[signature]
Glad I at least got one day of the hot bite, sure by the time I get back there it will be over but it was sure fun. Glad you got another good trip in. Later J
[signature]