Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard fishin and New Flags
Got my BFT Flag from WH2 Tuesday after work. Got it rigged up on my anchor light pole, so wanted to see how it looked out in the breeze on the lake. And....wanted to go test out a new reel I bought for one of my trolling rods.
So hit Willard at the south end about 5:15 after work today. At 5:30 I was cruising along about 3 MPH dragging 2 Rat-L-Traps that have been pretty consistent catchers so far this year. Took a photo of my new Flags, and had barely set the camera down and my new reel started singing............ Wiper # 1 netted, photo taken, released. (must have forgot to send that pic to my PC, will get it later) 18 minutes later, other reel joins the chorus, and I get Wiper # 2 into the boat. Released that one also, and that photo did make it from phone to PC.
Figured I had done what I set out to do, the bugs were getting pretty intense, so pulled a U-turn out about the feed lot, headed for the marina. Was noticing the "merry-go-round" at the island, and just about level with the south east corner, one nice fat Walleye decided to invite himself home for dinner with me.
A good 1 hour and 15 min. on the Bay, 3 fish boated, 1 kept. (and he provided a very nice dinner tonight) Like I mention to a friend, nice way to end the work week.
Only one very minor negative. Going to get some iron on seam binding and go around the edges of my new BFT Flag. Started to fray just a bit today.

OK, got the other photos that were lost in the ether net somewhere
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool
Lookin good out there. [cool]
[signature]
Nice report. The flags look great.
I'm almost through tricking out my boat that I just bought. I need to get out on the water soon.
[signature]
When I saw you raising your flags I knew right then who you were. Well, that and your name's on the one! haha

Nice meeting ya yesterday, glad we could cross boats and lines. At least the bugs aren't as bad on the river as they tend to be at Willard. One good thing to be said for wind down there!
I really enjoyed the day yesterday. My sons and I will be camping up at Hyrum first weekend in August. We will fish Hyrum Friday and planned to go to Benson Marina on Saturday. But now I think we will go to the river launch we used yesterday and fish up and down the river a ways in each direction. Not as populated, and better catfish chances. And YES compared to Willard NO BUGS.[Wink]
[signature]
"OCD = Obsessive Catfish Disorder "
    Or so it says on my license plate holder

Cool