Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Berry stumped....
Well, I decided to bite the bullet and hit Strawberry from the shore for the first time. I went to the ladders and threw out some garlic powerbait under a bubble, tried a black maribou, and a blue fox spinner in gold. I had a couple of bites without success in setting the hook, they were just robbing me blind on the powerbait too. I kept at it because there were large cutty's rolling and jumping clean out of the water all around me, I just couldn't get any of them to be aggressive! Any tips/suggestions? It is quite frustrating, yet encouraging, to see 3-5 lbs fish jumping all around you but not be able to figure out what they were biting.

Thanks!
[signature]
If all you use us a spinning rig then try this method. Take a clear bubble and fill it with water. Then place this above a swivel on your line, then take about six feet of leader line (I use 6-8 lb mono for this) and tie on an olive. black, or brown woolly bugger. I would lean toward the olive myself. Cast this out with a nice slow retrieve and hold on. [cool]
[signature]
Last time I was at Strawberry I had great luck with the Cutt's using a #5 Blue Fox Spinner - http://www.basspro.com/Blue-Fox-Classic-...uct/15442/. But honestly this lure works on just about everything Smile. Walmart, Sportsman's, Cabela's, and Scheel's will have them.
[signature]