Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
06 06 14 east canyon
Sorry for the late post. Been very busy lately with no time to upload anything.
Got to east canyon around 10 am just fly fishing for bass all day. End up with about 20 bass. Nothing to big what so ever but just listening to the sheep were really nice and funny.
Caught most bass one a special fly I make or a double wolly bugger did good as well.
When I heard the cops fly fast and closing the road off then ambulances then a red helicopter came by. Hope who ever got in an accident or fell off their bike bad is doing alright.

I hit many coves and each cove gave a few bass.
In one of the coves these guys didn't catch anything all day long. It took me less then a minute to catch my first double bass on my fly rod. They end up catching 1 bass when I told them use a black woolly bugger.

1-2 hr before dark Fishwhisperer14 end up going to ec and we both caught nothing before dark but I was marking bass everywhere I was floating around.

Night driving warning!!! It's moth city at night. Sure looks like a blizzard of snow but a blizzard of suicidal moths.

First picture is of the guy who end up catching one but had a few more bites as well after the tip I gave him. He was very thankful for the tip and he let his son reel it in[Wink].
[inline "hair cut ect 06 11 14 099.JPG"]
[inline "hair cut ect 06 11 14 093.JPG"]
[inline "hair cut ect 06 11 14 090.JPG"]
[inline "hair cut ect 06 11 14 098.JPG"]

[signature]
Good job FFL! So what type of line were you using? I was there Saturday using buggers, leeches and a stealth bomber but nothing. My buddy did end up catching a SMB about 2" and feisty on a Panther Martin and my gf landed a fat bow on a Gulp Minnow.
[signature]
For the most part I was using type 2 sinking line. I was in a float tube tossing toward the rocky bank or I used my floating line with 5 ft of tippet then a indicator at the very top of the line and slowly stripping it in.

I had one bow on out in the middle but other then that no other bows were to be found on my line. Shall be their for bows 3 weeks before they close the little dell canyon road to get up there.

Bass action should be really good by this or next weekend I'd say.

For me that day was pretty slow and nothing that big what so ever. Last year it was easy catching 14-16" all day long.
[signature]
I was there yesterday after 3. I was in a little boat with a big black dog taking up my casting platform like he was the king of the world. Saw a tuber and a guy on a pontoon and for a split second thought, i wonder if thats FFL. Now i know why i caught 2 bass right away and couldnt get another to hit in that area, cause you already slayed it. I got one small bass on the fly. I stayed out of that cove, there were too many people. At least 4 wake boats were cruising withing 150ft of me, looking at me like IM the idiot. Youre at the smallest lake around with 10 people in your boat. I always give them a cast to let them know they are getting too close. That and the wind made it hard so i just trolled and spin fished most of the time.
[signature]
I was only up there friday. The only good thing about the boats making big waves is that they push up everything up then I'd catch one here and there. Other then that plus it bugs me when I feel like I'm in a wave pool but fly fishing instead of enjoying the waves.
[signature]
Suggestion FFL. On your floating line, try a 9' leader at least if you are indy fishing.
If you can get out on the far side of that island, try a 30' leader and a slip indicator. A lot of fun.
Maybe we can hit DC on day and share some secrets and flies.
[signature]
Ya i'd be up for a trip with your but this week is booked with work work work and even more work.

I will send you pm for more info.
[signature]
Good work, sorry for bailing. I just had the hunch and it paid off for the most part. I ended up going the next day and fishing from the bank. I fished for 1.5 hours and got one bow at 16".
[signature]
Only bass fishing noobs bail on me [laugh]. You need my guidance for you to catch a bass out of there it sounds like.

Maybe next time man. Sure miss fishing with you man. Especially with the great time we had on the ice at rockport this year [Wink].
[signature]