Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New boat owner here
She may not win the best looking lady at the dance, or the fastest, but its mine and its paid for. Its a 14 foot Mirrocraft with a 7.5 HP Gamefisher on the back. I paid 450 for it with the trailer. Now I just need to figure out where I am going to mount the fishfinder. I have a Minn Kota 30 pound thrust electric trolling motor that I will also mount on it. I was thinking of mounting the transducer to the bottom of that. As for the head unit, I have no idea. Also I have to figure out a way to put some rod holders on there.
[signature]
Looks like it will give you many hours of fun and enjoyment. Its a nice blank canvas that you can customize to your liking. Been doing that with the craft I obtained last year. It is getting close to how I want it. [cool]

For some of your holders and that see what they have for clamp ons then go from there.
[signature]
I like that, a blank canvas. I have a couple ideas. The clamp on holders will be great. Drilling into the sides is definitely not an option!! As for the fish finder head unit, Ill just make a mount that will fit on the bench seat. I think I will be adding some seats on there in the near future.
[signature]
There are lots of products that are clamp on. Humminbird makes the fishin buddy fish finders that are clamp on. They also make clamp on seats too.
[signature]
FYI, I was at cabelas in grand junction, CO yesterday and saw they had some clamp on rod holders made by Scotty. Just curious how is your motor running?
[signature]
Th banks for letting me know! Looks like a trip to cabelas is in order. The motor runs good I just came back from Rockport on its maiden voyage. At least maiden voyage for me. It starts right up and pushes the boat good. I do need a bigger electric trolling motor. 30 pounds isn't enough. I'm thinking 55 pound might work good. The wind was horrible up there so we got chased off.
[signature]
Daniel, nice looking rig! If you have any any questions about your boat, check out TinBoats.net. Tons of conversions and basically answers to any questions you may have.
[signature]
I will check them out. Thanks!
[signature]