Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shad Help
Hey fellow bfters, I'm thinking of hitting the lake tomorrow. I haven't had much luck locating the shad since the lake level dropped. Any advise or info on where to look to net me some shad? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!
[signature]
[cool]Get there early and try Vegas wash area coves. They are still there and cruising the shoreline.
I may see you out there.
[signature]
Would you recommend the hole 33 side or govt wash side"
[signature]
[cool]Last week I was getting them by gov't wash.
[signature]
Thanks for the info. Any luck this morning?
[signature]
[cool]Yeah. I just posted.
[signature]
I woke up too late this morning to make it out. How was the wind?
[signature]
[cool]It was about 12mph at gray light then dropped to about 8mph for a couple hours. Then about 8:25 am it was around 18-22mph. I called it a day and fought it back in.
[signature]
Yeah, I hit the lake later in the morning and the conditions were horrible. I got only one bite and my usual fishing spot in govt wash was high and dry. Lol. See any shad swim the shallows in govt wash?
[signature]
[cool]I didn't see any shad in gov't wash. The wind was up at the time. There were a couple of guys fishing from shore when I got there and I think they were using shad. They were tossing a net but I didn't see them catch any.
[signature]
Yeah I hit govt wash at 4 am this morning. I saw no shad at all. Not even piping on top of the water. I fished for 4 hours and did not get a single bite. Its been a long time since I have been skunked.
[signature]