Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2014 Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing Event
FYI: I will be out of touch up at Strawberry from now through the weekend. Will see you all there.

Friends, it's that time of year again. You've all offered tremendous support over the years for this worthy event. This year's annual Utah Disabled Veterans Fishing event will be held at the Soldier Creek marina, Strawberry Reservoir on August 2nd. We are looking for volunteer boaters to take a veteran out fishing. If you would like to volunteer to bring your boat up and take a veteran out fishing please DO NOT reply to this post. Please send a PM to WET1 with your name, Boat Type, Boat Length, and the max number of veterans you could accommodate.
Our goal is to put 1 veteran on each boat but if we have more veterans than boats we need to know who can accommodate more than 1.

Thank you all for your continued support!!!

Attached is the Boater list. Highlighted boaters have confirmed for this year. Send me a PM if you would like added to it.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
What happened to the Willard Bay event? Strawberry is a long haul for me. I enjoyed participating but its hard for me to do it that far from my home base. Thanks J
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]I look forward to the event Todd. God willing and the creek don't rise, I'll be there. Email (not PM) sent.
[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I'm checking my schedule and I'd like to see if my Afghanistan Vet neighbor wants to be First Mate that day.

Thanks for putting this together!
[signature]
Due to multiple requests to hold the event at Willard Bay this year we tried to make that happen. Unfortunately after trying to work with the Willard Bay park mgmt for a couple of months we were unable to hold the event there. Due to the requirements there we can not afford to hold the event there. It would cost the foundation an additional $3500 - 4000 to have the event there and unfortunately that is not something we can afford.
We will continue to hold the event at the Soldier Creek Marina where it was started and where Amercian Land and Leisure so graciously donates their support and use of their facilities for us. We have had great events there for the last 6 years and hope to continue to do so.
I realize it's a long drive for folks in the Ogden are and want you all to know that we really do value and appreciate your support.

Thank you all and I look forward to seeing everyone there that can help support this event. I will keep you all posted on the volunteers.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water

[signature]
Thanks for looking into that Todd. Too bad that they would charge so much that's crazy, but I understand what your saying. Thanks again. J
[signature]
If the Kokanee are biting like this past weekend the vets should have great time up there this year.
[signature]
We can't make this awesome event but count the K2 Gals in at making a donation to help. God Bless you Todd and our Vets!!!!
[signature]
Thank you Kim & Kay, both of you are so gracious to support this event every year since it's inception. We really appreciate you both.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Thank you Gale, we really appreciate your support every year for this event. You've been a driving force to keep it going.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Pikeman, my friend! I really appreciate your support every year. We'll miss you this year and we're so grateful for Redmond Minerals' continued support. I'll be in touch.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
[font "Calibri"]Hey Todd,[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I’ve been doing a little leg work on this end to ensure the Hill AFB community is involved again as well. I’ve contacted the Public Relations Center, Hill family readiness center, Hill Top Times newspaper, Company Grade Officers Council, Chiefs Group, Junior Force Council, etc. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]All are showing interest in promoting the DAV event but we need to get something in writing for them to push forward. Last year you had the attached word doc that I was able to give that gave the specific details for that year’s event. Can you please supply a new doc or mod this one so I can push it forward?[/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]I’ll also contact Angler Den and Sportsmens Warehouse of Riverdale to see if they’re willing to support this year’s event again along with my personal donation. [/font]
[font "Calibri"] [/font]
[font "Calibri"]Thanks for all you do![/font]
[signature]
First of all Trevor, your dedication and support of this event is awesome. You've really helped us out the last few years and I want you to know how much we appreciate all you do to get the word out up at Hill AFB and the Ogden area. Thank you for being such an invaluable part of the team.

Here is our presentation for this year which should provide all the info you are asking for. I also made a couple minor modifications to last year's doc you sent so should all be good to go now.

Thank you for your support my friend..
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Boater list attached now at the top of the thread. I will update as often as I can. Highlighted boaters have confirmed for this year.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Boat list updated.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Glade to hear you are doing it this year, do you need any help other then boats I can help with??
[signature]
Sure Cliff, we are looking for more stuff for the raffle.
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Itinerary and updated boat list attached at top
[signature]
Sunrise on the water
Wipermac,

I'm active duty Air Force. If there is anything I can do to help you get the word out on base let me know. I'm on the global.

Ryan Veldhuizen
[signature]